ETAs

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i don't sell gimicks, that is fedex.

what is your point? scared of change? scared you might be replaceable one day? c'mon i wont tell anyone. you can PM me if you really need to.
That's not insulting?

i do appolgize, but I am sick of being followed around by a negative dannyboy. he really brings out the worst in some people.
Yeah, the worst people.:surprised:

i don't mind having my buttons pushed....but I do mind being insulted.
Look above at how you insulted us. Oh, let me run over and get you some sales leads......NOT!

i have no clue...i'm the one that needs a 6:30 ground/air pickup for our new customer.
I punched out at 17:22 today, guess someone else will have to get it, though I do love the way you set the customer up for disappointment. Kudo's to you.

but you sure dont mind insulting others..........

Those that live in glass houses should refrain from throwing stones?

d
+1

you set a great example for everyone on this board. find the guy in a tie and gang up on everything he says. you do it constantly. I've lurked on this board for years and finally got sick of it.
If the guy in the tie didn't talk so much smack maybe people would like you more. I like how you guys come on here with your agenda and just start spewing, without so much as trying to get to know people first. Tell you what, go get a new screen name, come back with a better attitude and you just might make some friends. JMHO, as always.

some1else

//Wait, how can a driver tell me they will be 9.5 just by looking at the truck or diad and you have not even left the building.....??//

thats more of an attitude issue :)

last friday i sent my "FW" message at 1630 (normally finish at 1830-1900) but had places to be. when i picked up the board at the building at 1650 there was a pile of msgs help him help them. just cleared em out and left. if i wanted to work all day i would just go slower not go help other people

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
this is like a sport for you all. i'm not playing anymore. :)
I've printed your avatar and am using it for dart practice.:wink2:

I've been underallowed for more than a few weeks now, including before my vacation. I ran 40/100 overallowed yesterday and all of a sudden I needed a talking to. Things change day to day on any particular route when you add this or that. I had an add/cut that was 5 miles from my last regular stop. How am I supposed to "service" customers, when I don't even get there at the same time on any given day. "Wow Steve, you used to get here at 11:30 and now you get here at 13:30." When you fix this, you'll get what you want.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
steve, i got nothing but sympathy for you. This is a once in a generation recession and managment is not sure how to handle it - trust me, I am the grunt of the management ranks. If i am in the office, I am being yelled at for not being at the customers location. If I am not in the office, the drivers and center manager's tell my boss they never see me. No one cares how hard you work to win an account, they only seem to notice if one diverts.

and it does insult me when you guys say we don't service the customer - that is my job too. I have a director of sales that has never seen my largest customers because they are to busy kissing ass with the other staff managers.

edit: don't hurt the guiness. it is the only drug I am allowed to do anymore ;)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
steve, i got nothing but sympathy for you. This is a once in a generation recession and managment is not sure how to handle it - trust me, I am the grunt of the management ranks. If i am in the office, I am being yelled at for not being at the customers location. If I am not in the office, the drivers and center manager's tell my boss they never see me. No one cares how hard you work to win an account, they only seem to notice if one diverts.

and it does insult me when you guys say we don't service the customer - that is my job too. I have a director of sales that has never seen my largest customers because they are to busy kissing ass with the other staff managers.

Ok, I'll leave you the empty glass.

It's all the same. Join the safety committee and have your hands tied when it comes to doing real safety. If mgmt would do their jobs instead of trying to be pleasing to the higher ups, we might get somewhere. WHATEVER! Guess I'll just keep driving my pkg car and delivering my pkgs wherever they may send me.:peaceful:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Ok, I'll leave you the empty glass.

It's all the same. Join the safety committee and have your hands tied when it comes to doing real safety. If mgmt would do their jobs instead of trying to be pleasing to the higher ups, we might get somewhere. WHATEVER! Guess I'll just keep driving my pkg car and delivering my pkgs wherever they may send me.:peaceful:

work as directed is a term I have learned and live by. i take a deep breath before I enter the hub every morning, hoping I don't show up on a list.

:peaceful:

outamyway

Sometimes the things that you think would be the easiest for a billion dollar fortune 500 company like this one to fix, are the issues that are the hardest to deal with.

I still check my WOR RELIGIOUSLY every week just to make sure my hours will be right. I've had to go out of my way(most on MY OWN TIME) many times in the few years I've worked UPS to get my time straightened out.

Never in the any other job I had did I have to worry about it EVERY week.

You'd think a billion dollar company could get something so simple, right.

klein

Für Meno :)

Salesguy, I have sympathy for you actually.
It's not your fault we can't service Customers, it's sups and management.
Thats what we have been trying to tell you !

Listen, not too long ago, they gave me a few intown express deliveries, because the route driver had no chance to make the commented time.

For me, it was atleast a 45min detour (for 2 lousy packgaes), and 1 of them was totally impossible to deliver (Blockbuster, opens at 10am). Told sup, why are you giving me that one, I'll be there just after 9am.
Told me don't matter, it's express, if they are closed, place an info notice at the door !
Sure , enough, went there, around 9:10am, they were closed, left info notice. Job well done, eh ?
UPS, wanted to make sure express is "delivered" on time. Otherwise, they might lose a dollar or 2.
Well, I had to wonder what Blockbuster thinks ? Express, but gets it a day later, because of what ? Customer Service ?
Better late delivery then non delivery is customer service !
But, the numbers need to look great at the center, thats what matters.

Staples is another issue, probably lost 60% on my truck, to the competition. Because they don't accept uncompleted shipments.
And I can tell you, how bad that was with us, in another message box, one day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wait, how can a driver tell me they will be 9.5 just by looking at the truck or diad and you have not even left the building.....??
Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's because we actually know our rtes better than our lord god and mighty savior EDD. Be my first guess.:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That's not insulting?

Yeah, the worst people.:surprised:

Look above at how you insulted us. Oh, let me run over and get you some sales leads......NOT!

I punched out at 17:22 today, guess someone else will have to get it, though I do love the way you set the customer up for disappointment. Kudo's to you.
I punched out at 19.46 today. I avg'd 11 hrs everyday last week. If he thinks I'm getting sales leads, he is living in a fantasy world.
+1

If the guy in the tie didn't talk so much smack maybe people would like you more. I like how you guys come on here with your agenda and just start spewing, without so much as trying to get to know people first. Tell you what, go get a new screen name, come back with a better attitude and you just might make some friends. JMHO, as always.
Of course I would like to tell him where he can put his sales leads but I wouldn't be able to do so nicely, so I won't. :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i do appolgize, but I am sick of being followed around by a negative dannyboy. he really brings out the worst in some people.

Wanna know what brings out the worst in me?

People who make grandiose declarations and assumptions about a job that they know nothing about.

People who treat every memo issued from Atlanta as some sort of divine edict.

People whose only concern is to meet some petty sales quota.

People who place more value on obtaining new customers than they do to meeting our obligations towards the customers we already have.

THAT is what brings out the worst in me.

soberups

You know what I am sick of?

Morons that post on this board with the BS you posted.

Lets go team! You all out there all turn in one new lead, that equals 300,000 new packages a month, we can all get rich. YEah team.

But remember, when all is said and done, you are all overpaid fat scumbags that really didnt have anything to do with that sale, because it was me and only me that could have sold that lead. The rest of you are too common, you only have dealings with the clerk at the back door, you could never know or have access to the actual owner of the business, after all, you are dirty smelly overpaid fat scumbags that really should be paid less. And your probably as under educated as you are over paid.

Yeah, we've heard the go team go from better people than you. And with some, we would actually have a great chance.

But with posters like you that does not give a flying flip about anything but your numbers for the month and quarter, I equate you to the used car salesman. Not someone I can trust.

And you know why? Your posts. Every time you have posted, you have dug the hole of BS deeper. And you wonder why drivers are negative? Its because we have seen your flash in the pan crap before, over and over again. and nothing as changed.

If you want to see real teamwork, then you and management put the customer first again. Quit running off customers because of your short sighted penny savings, when there are dollars to be had. Do that, and I will guarantee you teamwork will actually mean something at UPS again.

d

Truer words were never spoken.

soberups

In the "old days"...we showed up in the morning and looked at the previous days WOR to learn how ridiculous, out-of-touch and unrealistic our management team's expectations were.

With the new "eta" program, that information is available to us in real time.

Same BS, we just get it a little faster now.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
this is like a sport for you all. i'm not playing anymore
This says volumes about you as well.

A sport is a competition where people compete to win. The problem with you is that in a sport, you train hard, you learn the ins and outs of the game, and you perfect your game by competing against others that have the desire to better themselves.

In your case, you have not trained yourself (I know, you claim you have lurked here for years (but that is kinda like saying I can play in the NFL because I have watched it for the last two year)), you dont have the needed tools and training to compete, and last of all, you dont have the desire. You are a quitter of the highest magnatude. IF everything does not drop into your lap, you meet the slightest resistance, then you stop, drop and roll out of the competition.

So go ahead and run away. Keep on hurling insults to the actual players on the field of battle, after all, you are the arm chair quarterback that loves to be so critical of our attitudes toward the game.

Originally Posted by dragon
Wait, how can a driver tell me they will be 9.5 just by looking at the truck or diad and you have not even left the building.....??
Actually when you have delivered the route for years, one glance can tell you how many hours it will take. And the acuracy of that one glance is many times more accurate than EDD.

But then we also understand that millions of years worth of experience on our part has little meaning to those that make the decisions.

d