EU strikes debt deal !

klein

Für Meno :)
Stocks up everywhere today, after the huge announcement.

Besides mostly Germany and France picking up the tab, so will all EU banks that own Greek debt or bonds.
They'll only receive 50 cents on the dollar (Euro).
Good policy, I find. Banks wanted to borrow and risk, and therfor they should pay.
Should have been done with TARP, too.

Maybe the OWS movement in Europe also played a factor ?
Anyways, can't see the European bankers getting much of a bonus, unlike their American counterparts after the mortgage fund bail-out.

Now, the world can be looking at the Super Commitee, see if they can work things out, too ! ??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stocks up everywhere today, after the huge announcement.

Besides mostly Germany and France picking up the tab, so will all EU banks that own Greek debt or bonds.
They'll only receive 50 cents on the dollar (Euro).
Good policy, I find. Banks wanted to borrow and risk, and therfor they should pay.
Should have been done with TARP, too.

Maybe the OWS movement in Europe also played a factor ?
Anyways, can't see the European bankers getting much of a bonus, unlike their American counterparts after the mortgage fund bail-out.

Now, the world can be looking at the Super Commitee, see if they can work things out, too ! ??
The Super Committee is behind closed doors playing tiddly-winks!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Klein, its great news as the EU shows what compromise looks like. Too bad the Republicans dont understand the word and if you watched FOXED SPEWS business channel, STEWART VARNEY (aka blabber mouth) was carrying on with his cast of regulars how terrible everything is depite the DOW being up 245 points.

Seems like the only persons left on the planet who believe the world is crashing is the FOXED SPEWS hosts and the FOXED SPEWS business channel hosts.

Judge jerkpolotano came on Varneys show and said the EU banks should have failed!.... He clearly has no idea what would be the consequences of failures, but then again, its what the republicans want.

FAILURE of the Country.

TO them, FAILURE means they will win the White House.

Peace.

Klein, its great news as the EU shows what compromise looks like. Too bad the Republicans dont understand the word and if you watched FOXED SPEWS business channel, STEWART VARNEY (aka blabber mouth) was carrying on with his cast of regulars how terrible everything is depite the DOW being up 245 points.

Seems like the only persons left on the planet who believe the world is crashing is the FOXED SPEWS hosts and the FOXED SPEWS business channel hosts.

Judge jerkpolotano came on Varneys show and said the EU banks should have failed!.... He clearly has no idea what would be the consequences of failures, but then again, its what the republicans want.

FAILURE of the Country.

Peace.
Too bad your president doesn't understand what compromise means either.

TOS, you spend way too much time watching fox news.

moreluck

golden ticket member

FAILURE of the Country.

Peace.
The committee is half Democrat & half Republican. The non-compromise is mutual. The Dems. present gazillions of spending and the GOP says.....no way!! A room with 6 of one and a half dozen of the other and they probably sit around all morning deciding where to go to lunch and bill us for their lobster salad and shrimp cocktail.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When it comes right down to it, "O" has no clue what will fix the economy. You would think he would have the greatest economic minds in the country working for him as advisors. He's such a narcissist, that he thinks he knows it all. It's becoming his downfall.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Too bad your president doesn't understand what compromise means either.

TOS, you spend way too much time watching fox news.

Yeah, but the difference between you (and the C9) and "I" is that I dont live my life or base my knowledge on what I hear there. There is an old saying trip and it goes like this:

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS, here's a news video I want you to watch, it's only a 2 min clip... about the rich getting richer...
And yet those Tea drinkers and REptards, refuse to tax them more, and want the little guy to pay even more ! Including 9-9-9 and 20% flat tax idiots.

Rich get richer - Videos | Global News

Good piece. Too bad the C9 will still believe "they" should pay for the deficits and the rich pay nothing with 999 and similiar scams on the american public.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The committee is half Democrat & half Republican. The non-compromise is mutual. The Dems. present gazillions of spending and the GOP says.....no way!! A room with 6 of one and a half dozen of the other and they probably sit around all morning deciding where to go to lunch and bill us for their lobster salad and shrimp cocktail.

This is the kind of jibberish you hear on FOXED SPEWS.

In fact the dems have suggested a 3 trillion dollar cut along with tax increases on the millionaires and billionaires and that was rejected by the republicans. There is NO SCENARIO where the dems have suggested increases in spending of a gazillion.

That is pure nonsense. But what else is new.

peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is the kind of jibberish you hear on FOXED SPEWS.

In fact the dems have suggested a 3 trillion dollar cut along with tax increases on the millionaires and billionaires and that was rejected by the republicans. There is NO SCENARIO where the dems have suggested increases in spending of a gazillion.

That is pure nonsense. But what else is new.

peace.
No it's not. I just sat here with my coffee and composed it all by myself. In fact it was a toss up between shrimp cocktail and french onion soup !!

You do realize that 'gazillion' is just a term for 'lots of' or 'scads' ?

"Democrats suggested Wednesday that too much has already been cut from non-defense spending to come up with $1.2 trillion in cuts over the next 10 years, as sources offered a few details about a Democratic proposal to collect $1.3 trillion via tax hikes, stimulus spending and benefits cuts."

Last edited:

ups1990

I dont need to tune in to the leader in news to hear jibberish. All we have to do is hear the White House press secretary.