Ever Catch Someone Trying to Steal From UPS?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I agree. How many smoke breaks to the supervisors get?
We had a sup that was the worst thief in the history of our center. At least the driver who stole Tim's medicine was just pitching the packages in the woods. He wasn't profiting from them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every time someone claims that their pkg is missing, but ETT shows delv , I suggest they go look in their neighbor's trash bins for an empty box.

I've done that and have brought several empty boxes back to the center along with the DFU----their claims were denied.

I have also used my cell phone to take pictures of packages that consignees claimed they didn't receive sitting right where I left them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the days before Driver Release, everything had to be signed for. Some shippers used Release Numbers, which let us leave the package at a residential stop. The release number was something like the last three numbers of the shipper number backwards. If the shipper number was 123456, then the release number was 654, if I remember correctly. The Release Number option in the DIAD does the same, you can DR the package anywhere, its not worth making a second attempt.

Scratch, the release number was the package ID number reversed, not the last 3 of the shipper number.

On Diad V you hit Deliver, Release Number, Enter, Delivery Location, Residential, Stop Complete. This can be used for any service level at non-DR addresses.

Big Babooba

I had a follow up for a package that the customer vehemently denied getting. I looked down by his feet and there was the empty box! I picked it up and the tracking numbers matched! I had him sign that he received the package.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ok I always wondered what it was there for.

With all the technology we have and stuff it makes no sense to me that it can't recognize shipper release and take the no DR option out for that package.

Same with emergency conditions. Why in the world do we have to enter each package separately. It should be just like closed holiday.

If someone knows of any circumstance that u would EC one package but not another I'm all ears. I actually know of a situation that u may not use closed holiday on all packages.

It's funny.
I said that to the driver next to me as we spent an hour at $48 plus sheeting half my car after the blizzard here in New England

S

serenity now

It's funny.
I said that to the driver next to me as we spent an hour at $48 plus sheeting half my car after the blizzard here in New England

never forget, the information regarding the package is much more important than the package itself :crazy2:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Ok I always wondered what it was there for.

With all the technology we have and stuff it makes no sense to me that it can't recognize shipper release and take the no DR option out for that package.

Same with emergency conditions. Why in the world do we have to enter each package separately. It should be just like closed holiday.

If someone knows of any circumstance that u would EC one package but not another I'm all ears. I actually know of a situation that u may not use closed holiday on all packages.
Have two parcels for one house with a 300 yard long driveway with 12" of snow not plowed. One is a 47" LG television that gets EC'd. The other is a small Victoria's Secret that gets left in the paper box.

Ms.PacMan

It's funny.

At least our mgmt team had the good sense to break out the scanners (set to EC) the last blizzard we were called in (Christmas Eve). It actually went so fast that the guy from the company that services the conveyor belts (I don't know why he was there) started screaming to pull stuff off the belts, he was yelling, "if you burn up the motors I can't help you - it's Christmas Eve!"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Have two parcels for one house with a 300 yard long driveway with 12" of snow not plowed. One is a 47" LG television that gets EC'd. The other is a small Victoria's Secret that gets left in the paper box.

Not a proper dr per the methods. Just sayin....

Tinhart11

In our centre (England ) we had a supe placing a child label over the original shippers label and send the packages to his thieving mates.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Technically, using SDN means there is a Signed Delivery Notice, meaning you should bring back a paper notice. If you don't, you are open to receiving discipline. Will you? Highly unlikely, unless they want you for something else, hence you will have supes and even CMs telling you to use it, that is until the district makes cracking down on the 'SDN option being used with no corresponding notice turned in' the flavor of the month (it was at one time in ours).

I still use SDN to this day in certain situations, even though I know it is monitored. However, I have adjusted in how I use it based on the situation. If the shipping/receiving manager hasn't given me the ok (akin to an SDN and in the spirit of why that is provided) or a householder the same, I use release number. The nice thing about relnum is it allows us to DR to a commercial address-say a letter to a,closed business that can be put thru the mail slot or behind the pull-down lock gate at a store-and designate the address as a business, so that they shouldn't be charged for a resi delivery, which using the regular DR feature will.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've done that and have brought several empty boxes back to the center along with the DFU----their claims were denied.

I have also used my cell phone to take pictures of packages that consignees claimed they didn't receive sitting right where I left them.

Good idea. Does the DIAD 5 have a camera feature?