Ever had a job with less job security?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It is what it is .
Been fired more times than I can recall .
Been told I would be fired triple that number .
Most of the people telling me that are now dead .
My secret was to find a job that needed to be done but no one else wanted to do it .
UPS will attempt to suck the fun out of your life , that is what the beast needs to survive .
Don't let it .
And when either your body or your spirit tells you to walk away then do so .

J

jibbs

Preloaders don't get fired unless they commit a crime on the clock.

I've never had a job with more job security, :censored2: you mean

JL 0513

Out of all the jobs in my life, UPS is absolutely the least secure. It does seem like a driver can be fired for dozens of reasons. All my other jobs were non union and none of them were filled with harassment and lousy work conditions that we enjoy at the unionized UPS. It seems that the union has secured very good pay and benefits but they don't help improve the conditions of the job and fight the constant push from management to make us do the impossible. I thought that's what a union was for. But in my experience, non union private sector companies treat their employees far, far better.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Out of all the jobs in my life, UPS is absolutely the least secure. It does seem like a driver can be fired for dozens of reasons. All my other jobs were non union and none of them were filled with harassment and lousy work conditions that we enjoy at the unionized UPS. It seems that the union has secured very good pay and benefits but they don't help improve the conditions of the job and fight the constant push from management to make us do the impossible. I thought that's what a union was for. But in my experience, non union private sector companies treat their employees far, far better.

What state do you live in?

My local fights, and wins, constantly. Yours probably doesn't because, let me guess, you're in a red or RTW state.

UPSGUY72

Umm..... Your not working at any of those other NO UNION jobs now are you....

JL 0513

What state do you live in?

My local fights, and wins, constantly. Yours probably doesn't because, let me guess, you're in a red or RTW state.

Mass. Unfortunately as far left as it gets. I'm not saying we don't have good protection. I'm just saying the job itself has so many rules to look out for that it's not that hard to find yourself walked out compared to most jobs.

Umm..... Your not working at any of those other NO UNION jobs now are you....

Like I said. Money and benefits are there which is why we all do this. In other areas, the conditions we deal with are way worse than most jobs and the union doesn't seem to do much about it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Personally I've never had another job with less job security. Constantly have to second guess everything you do and each new situation you have you have to be certain you sheet everything perfectly or fear being fired. I've seen people fired for the most absurd :censored2:, as have all of you I assume. Even doing your Job perfectly will eventually lead to some sort of interrogation. Why did you back 10 times. Why were you stopped for 33 seconds there. All questioning done like you are a lying piece of :censored2:. Anyone have any jobs worse?
Once you get married these management behaviors will seem normal.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Mass. Unfortunately as far left as it gets. I'm not saying we don't have good protection. I'm just saying the job itself has so many rules to look out for that it's not that hard to find yourself walked out compared to most jobs.

It must be different in Mass than Cali. The only rules anybody worries about here are the cardinal sins. I've seen a few morons get fired for stealing and DUI on the job, but that's it. Discharges don't stick here and always result in back pay.

Left might not be your politics, but at least the unions are stronger in blue states.

UPSGUY72

It must be different in Mass than Cali. The only rules anybody worries about here are the cardinal sins. I've seen a few morons get fired for stealing and DUI on the job, but that's it. Discharges don't stick here and always result in back pay.

Left might not be your politics, but at least the unions are stronger in blue states.

It the same no matter where you are I'm in mass also. In my area of 3 building and 4 center. It just like it is in your area if your doing the job some what correctly you have nothing to worry about.

It doesn't matter where your located if your in the union and work for UPS you have to be trying to get fired or a total idiot for a discharge to stick....