Ever have a near death experiance while driving a brown truck?

stealth8

Deer came through my windshield at 60mph! State trooper was following me and he said the thing tried to jump over my P500. The only thing that saved my life was the metal bar that splits the windshield. The buck got stuck in the driver's side windshield and after touching my nose I slammed on the brakes and it flew out! The damn thing smilet all over me! (I can still smell it to this day) and that was 8yrs ago!! Ended up in ambulance to the emergency room. Really made a mess for the rush hour traffic!! No major injuries. Cheers Stealth8

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Had a driver lose a tire on a P500 and roll it. They fired him for improper pre-trip. Got the job back. I wonder how that mechanic felt.

satellitedriver

tieguy;244252 I've seen too many issues over the years where someone tries to drive through our equipment like they think its not there.[/QUOTE said:
Tie,
You give the other drivers on the road too much credit.
The use of the term "they think", does not apply.
They "feel" that you are in their way.
They are "thinking" about, who they are talking to on their cell phone.
They are "thinking" about, I am running late to pickup little Johnny ect....
They "think" that they are good drivers.
They just don't "think" about what is around them when they drive.
That is what seperates a safe driver.
Situational Awareness is the key to safety.
PAX

satellitedriver

When I was a cover driver doing an rural route I almost pooped my pants after eating a burrito at a quick mart nearest bathroom 5 miles away when I got the rumbles. Thankfully there was a port-a-potty in a orchard near the road. Does that count as near death?
Rookie,
That's what driver release bags are for.
(Yes, it is a bad pun but I could not resist)
Been there, did it.
PAX

Big Babooba

Yep,
Driving a P-400 at night in the rain, doing about 45mph.
Crappy visibility.
If you have ever driven a P-400, you know to never make a panic brake on a wet road.
I topped a hill . The road goes down to a creek, no gaurd rails,and the walls of the creek are about 15 ft deep. Both sides of the road is steep ditches. The road then makes a hard 90 degree to the left.
100 yards in front of me I see.
Spread out all over the road at the bottom of the hill is a herd of Black Angus cows, about 20 of them.
Since I had no option, I got in the middle of the road. In the second before impact, I saw a dark space and aimed for it. I realized then I was about to impact one of them and that cow looked up just feet before the impact. Her horns touch the side of my truck.
I still cannot believe I did'nt wipeout that night.
I have been in many close calls in my life, but that one took the cake.
PAX
Damn, you missed out on a good steak dinner!

Big Babooba

Had a driver lose a tire on a P500 and roll it. They fired him for improper pre-trip. Got the job back. I wonder how that mechanic felt.
We have a driver in our center that kept writing up his P500 for a noisy rear end. The supervisor threatened him about the "excessive write ups". That same day, he was on the Pike doing the speed limit(65 mph) whe he heard a loud BANG. He watched his left rear tire pass him by. He got the truck into the breakdown lane, secured it and walked to the closest service area. He called the center to inform them. He told them to come get their truck. He was going home because he was too upset to drive. He locked the diad and keys in the back and called his wife to come get him.

JustTired

free at last.......
If you've ever driven a (non-ford) P500....You've had a near death experience. Biggest piece of junk they ever made! Like to know the percentage of rollovers that involved them compared to others. It's got to be high.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
He got the truck into the breakdown lane, secured it and walked to the closest service area. He locked the diad and keys in the back and called his wife to come get him.

I think this driver had some skills! At highway speeds, I would have expected that truck to fall right over. I don't blame him for being upset. After my first accident, I didn't drive for a couple weeks (that's a different thread).

Just out of curiousity: is this driver still employed by UPS? -Rocky

Big Babooba

I think this driver had some skills! At highway speeds, I would have expected that truck to fall right over. I don't blame him for being upset. After my first accident, I didn't drive for a couple weeks (that's a different thread).

Just out of curiousity: is this driver still employed by UPS? -Rocky
He most certainly is.

wily_old_vet

Was driving on a rainy day down a road, 3 lanes my way. Light turned yellow in front of me. Made a bad decision on whether to go or no and finally hit the brakes to stop. Brakes locked and I did a 360 in a full P800. Fortunately no one was around me but was glad I was wearing brown :lol::lol:. Tried to look like I knew exactly what I was doing when a car pulled up next to me at the light. :crying:

over9five

Staff member
"6 yrs ago a lady shot herself in front of me, she could have easly shot me first and then herself"

JGee, I think you need to tell that whole story!