Ever run out of gas on area running route?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I thought the google map joke was good. So would most normal guys. Shortly after I ran out of gas a friend of ours came up to where my wife and I were bowling in a couples league with a gift for me. It was a brand new gas can. We proceded to bring it into the bar and have it filled with beer. Poured alot of filtered beers that night thru the screen in the nozzle.

Re-Raise

I thought the google map joke was good. So would most normal guys. Shortly after I ran out of gas a friend of ours came up to where my wife and I were bowling in a couples league with a gift for me. It was a brand new gas can. We proceded to bring it into the bar and have it filled with beer. Poured alot of filtered beers that night thru the screen in the nozzle.

I think both jokes are funny.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
If you did your pretrip how did you not see it was out of oil before you left? Again a PROPER pretrip would have caught this and saved thousands of dollars to the company. You would definately be disciplined in my center, if not walked out for "other serious offenses"!!

Well arent we just the perfect driver.

He is how to get into the car I since they are parked so close together I have to go in though the back. I am behind a poll so I have to wait for the other drivers to pull out.

Then I can pull out, I cant stop right in front of the building as that would be a parking issue.

So I pull away to a safe area I am now not walking back to my parking area to see if I lost oil, why would I.

I do my pretrip even look under the car, but since the oil is already gone its not like I am going to see anything.

Now unless your pretrip includes checking the dipstick I would love to know how I would have known this was going to happen.

As for trouble yes and it was the automitve guys who got the flack, not one person in my building who has ever heard this story, from other drivers to mgmt on up, has ever thought to blame this one on me. You the first one.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

He is how to get into the car I since they are parked so close together I have to go in though the back. I am behind a poll so I have to wait for the other drivers to pull out.

Then I can pull out, I cant stop right in front of the building as that would be a parking issue.

So I pull away to a safe area I am now not walking back to my parking area to see if I lost oil, why would I.

I do my pretrip even look under the car, but since the oil is already gone its not like I am going to see anything.

Now unless your pretrip includes checking the dipstick I would love to know how I would have known this was going to happen.

As for trouble yes and it was the automitve guys who got the flack, not one person in my building who has ever heard this story, from other drivers to mgmt on up, has ever thought to blame this one on me. You the first one.

When I first started it was the driver's job to check the oil. The practice ended in the early 90's. Car parker does it now. Maybe it's still that way in his building.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I first started it was the driver's job to check the oil. The practice ended in the early 90's. Car parker does it now. Maybe it's still that way in his building.

I can still picture how antsy management would get if they were riding with you and you took that l-o-n-g walk to the oil barrel for a quart. Don't forget to return the oil container also.:happy2:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Yes the pretrip includes checking the dipstick and so does the post trip. I now see the issue, you have not been trained on proper pre and post trips. I never said I was perfect but you act like you have no role in this. You do, it is your responsibility to check the oil daily. I stand by my statement, a proper pretrip would have caught this and you would definately be disciplined in my building.

I am only saying all this to help you in the future, you should definately be checking the dipstick as well as the water level, everyday!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes the pretrip includes checking the dipstick and so does the post trip. I now see the issue, you have not been trained on proper pre and post trips. I never said I was perfect but you act like you have no role in this. You do, it is your responsibility to check the oil daily. I stand by my statement, a proper pretrip would have caught this and you would definately be disciplined in my building.

I am only saying all this to help you in the future, you should definately be checking the dipstick as well as the water level, everyday!!
Many years ago the pretrip included checking the oil, it hasn't been that way for a long time though.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Many years ago the pretrip included checking the oil, it hasn't been that way for a long time though.

Both of the Hubs I have worked at have a Carwash employee push a little cart around checking oil and coolant levels. I probably haven't pulled out a package car dipstick a dozen times in 26 years.

over9five

Staff member
Both of the Hubs I have worked at have a Carwash employee push a little cart around checking oil and coolant levels. I probably haven't pulled out a package car dipstick a dozen times in 26 years.

Same here. Opening the hood is NOT part of the pretrip.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You've probably been called "a package car dipstick" a few times though.:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
Once again it boils down to there is no set rule for how UPS operates. Every center has its own policy. The bigger the center- the more rules.

some1else

Banned
With the old 500 we had a few routes that need fuel cards.

Ive run out 1 time 40 miles in had a broken gauge on a p800 and it read full but was empty. Got disciplined for not conducting a pretrip. Now i check everyday (can not see past filler neck on my truck) so i then head to the pumps and can usually get 1-5gallons in. In 5 years since that warning letter i have not had an empty tank and never will but i do spend a 5minutes waiting on a pump and fueling daily