Ever worry about what you're picking up?

ITwannabe

Directed more at big city routes but we are told to take a box from anyone if it has a label on it. With all the recent terror attacks and the term "soft targets" being thrown around in the news I can't help but think about UPS drivers being targeted. Not only do we not know what's in the box, but a lot of these small centers don't have any systems to check the boxes....is UPS even thinking about that? Or is it one of those "it's cheaper to not worry until it actually happens and then take action." Kind of deals....I mean the already keep track of our uniforms for those types of reasons. Why not the boxes we pick up from random strangers?

Brisket

Um, I don't know about you but if I saw a package that was put in the passenger area while I was away, there is NO WAY I'm getting in the truck not knowing wth it is...

Johney

I will take any package that is handed to me but will immediately discard any that may have been left in the passenger area while I was away from the car.

Um, I don't know about you but if I saw a package that was put in the passenger area while I was away, there is NO WAY I'm getting in the truck not knowing wth it is...

Pick up, put on curb, drive away.
How is it any different from picking up at a letter box?