Every year I say it will be different.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tooner, girlfriend :notalone:. Tree? We decided to not get a tree this year. Shopping? I went shopping today to buy new work shoes. Does that count? I do have one present in the works and I'm hoping that it is done next week but I have to work Sat so he probably won't even get it gift wrapped. As far as dinner, it'll probably be hamburgers or hotdogs. Who knows.

menotyou

bella amicizia
All I have to say is my next year will be different. I want me back to the person I was. Not this wimpy weirdo who I see in the mirror now. I am ready to smash that mirror if I see that person one more time.

over9five

Staff member
We did some shopping today. Went to Home Depot, and got receptacles, boxes, worklights for the garage AND the stupid new Peoples Republic of Massachusetts smoke detectors. (Please look for my perfectly good brand new combination detectors in the Brown Cafe Classifieds soon).

Oh, then we went to the 99 and ate at the bar where we did some actual Christmas shopping.... Gift certificates!

Are we done? I dunno. Nieces and nephews will get cash, we don't buy gifts for adults (except for Mom!) Ange and Steve will get GCs and some other stuff.

All looks good!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why go to the stores spent the first sat buying all my gift cards then second sat ordered all my stuff online I'm done except for my wife who has given me zero ideas. Well other than diamonds I keep telling her she is getting coal and she can bury it and good luck living long enough for it to become a diamond. Lol :)

texan

All I have to say is my next year will be different. I want me back to the person I was. Not this wimpy weirdo who I see in the mirror now. I am ready to smash that mirror if I see that person one more time.

I know that mirror well. My image keeps getting older. But it is a container of your spirit, which is discouraged currently.
My faith says God answers prayer. I will pray for you that your container heals, and that your inner person be encouraged and comforted.

dillweed

What you see in the mirror is a beautiful you, as you are right now. Tomorrow we'll all be a bit different than we are today. Hope so, as we live, we learn we grow and we change. Stop, give yourself a hug, do NOT criticize yourself or speak against yourself. Just do the best you can and resist self-judgement. Ah, easier said than done as I think about the unbaked cookie dough in frig and the messy counters from last night's ordeal.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am officially done! Whether I am or not!
Get them wrapped and off to the kids! Hubby is taking me out for dinner, he just does not know it yet! Lol