everyone on the tnt bandwagon

Coldworld

60 months and counting
have any of you been following the reports of ups/fedex purchasing tnt? theres an article on the front page about ups rumored to be offering 15 billion for tnt. This is an amazing amount for a company that only has spent 1 billion for a company. If this happens ups will have the same market share in europe than dhl, about 15%. If this happens it would be the biggest thing that probably has happen to the company in its history. Any thoughts, concerns????

UPS_UK

Brown Brown & more Brown
An official statement came out to the to us AE's today here in the UK about what to say to customers and it basically says to say that we cannot discuss it.....sounds omninous to me and that this time there is some truth in the rumour!!

I personally cannot wait to see it happen, it will make our lives as AE's in Europe so so much easier as this will make us untouchable over here.

DHL are on a very slippery sloap and FedEx buying ANC and rebranding them as FedEx UK has made things interesting, but UPS need TNT their European share and operations is just to big and good to turn down.

paidslave

Not sure what will happen but I would say that it would be better for UPS to buy TNT than FEDEX since that they are one of the top carriers in EUROPE......

This would be amazing if they can pull it off.....and keep the customer base!

AndyRam

Well if UPS does pull this off it would be great for UPS in Europe and the UK

Bring it on - We would be so strong in Europe. I guess it might be a possible buy out of part of TNT as they so many other Divisions - mail, logisitcs, roadfreight, same day etc etc.

Its all very cloakand dagger and interesting - Mind you we have had the strong rumours over the years and its all died away - Maybe this time

:smart:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
An official statement came out to the to us AE's today here in the UK about what to say to customers and it basically says to say that we cannot discuss it.....sounds omninous to me and that this time there is some truth in the rumour!!

I personally cannot wait to see it happen, it will make our lives as AE's in Europe so so much easier as this will make us untouchable over here.

DHL are on a very slippery sloap and FedEx buying ANC and rebranding them as FedEx UK has made things interesting, but UPS need TNT their European share and operations is just to big and good to turn down.

uk, does tnt have operations outside of europe???