Everyone show me your white stuff

rod

Retired 22 years
No pics but I did have to go out twice to dig out my heating systems intake and exhaust vents. The snow covered and blew over the pipes and snuffed out my pilot light on my furnace in turn shutting off my heat. The last time I went out and put up an old washer pan to block the snow from covering the vents again. Hopefully it's enough.

be careful you don't poison yourself blocking vents

Indecisi0n

No pics but I did have to go out twice to dig out my heating systems intake and exhaust vents. The snow covered and blew over the pipes and snuffed out my pilot light on my furnace in turn shutting off my heat. The last time I went out and put up an old washer pan to block the snow from covering the vents again. Hopefully it's enough.
Sounds like you might need a better setup.

rod

Retired 22 years
Everyone should have a carbon monoxide detector. They are cheap and well worth it.

I've got 5 smoke alarms, 2 carbon monoxide alarms and a septic tank alarm at my house. All hard wired with battery backup. When one of them starts chirping because of a low battery it drive me insane trying which one.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've got 5 smoke alarms, 2 carbon monoxide alarms and a septic tank alarm at my house. All hard wired with battery backup. When one of them starts chirping because of a low battery it drive me insane trying which one.

I HATE that chirping.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1453593267.918647.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
I was worried about possible carbon monoxide from my furnace so got a detector. No problems but did eliminate any concerns. I even tested the detector by putting it in the garage with a car running. It worked.