Everyone show me your white stuff

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We too had some white stuff down in Georgia!

kkk.jpg

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
be careful you don't poison yourself blocking vents

When the vents get blocked it does nothing. There is nothing to burn or put out. So just breathing unrecycled air in my own house. Happened once last year and had to call someone in. Once he showed me what was up I know the first thing to check if it goes out again.

Sounds like you might need a better setup.
The builder put the vents only about 6" from the ground, pointing down. Last year was the first time they ever clogged. Snow got in and froze. So when the guy came out to check it he put some elbows in and raised it up a foot. But it still should go up a little higher.

Indecisi0n

When the vents get blocked it does nothing. There is nothing to burn or put out. So just breathing unrecycled air in my own house. Happened once last year and had to call someone in. Once he showed me what was up I know the first thing to check if it goes out again.

The builder put the vents only about 6" from the ground, pointing down. Last year was the first time they ever clogged. Snow got in and froze. So when the guy came out to check it he put some elbows in and raised it up a foot. But it still should go up a little higher.
Are they narrow? Mine have never had this issue and they don't even face down 100%.