Everyone who voted no should all call in sick on sameday!!

BrownBrokeDown

If the contract passes witch it wont!!! For 2 days at least, that would be great!!!!

Not a good idea for multiple reasons.
1.)with that many people out, the argument by UPS that it is an unauthorized strike would be brought up. Probably would stick too. Bye bye job.
2.)your actually going against your fellow teamsters, not ups or teamster leaders. The TA passed by democratic process. I doubt any reveiws of the process will stick. We just have to live with it till the next teamster elections/contract negotiations.
3.)I have seen an entire pd area in my building call in on a given day. All it does is !#$ the rest of the workers there. We were ready to beat their :censored2: the next day.

I voted no. I am a proud teamster. But really...really???

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
If the contract passes witch it wont!!! For 2 days at least, that would be great!!!!
No wonder people think the union sucks. We get to protect and fight for people who think this way. Sigh...I'm all for being angry. Something should be done but it shouldn't affect other peoples lives. Protest on your own time after your shift. Legal and clean.

curiousbrain

More to the point, you fight the good fight within the framework of what is provided to you - what you don't do is pull shenanigans and then have to defend those shenanigans.

Managements biggest fear (in Operations anyway), without any hesitation in my mind, is that the Union actually unites and stands together - if the company agrees to a contract that is legally binding, and then the Union uses that contract, there is no way out.

If you don't use that contract for whatever reason, then I have limited sympathy for you.

brown_trousers

You would be protesting againt your fellow teamsters, we already voted on the NMA, and the majority of us voted yes. Do you disagree with the process of a democratic vote?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why not try working like a real union for a change, not running, skipping or modifying breaks, or letting management work or harass!