Everyone who voted no should all call in sick on sameday!!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Big balls, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Big balls

Big balls New Member

If the contract passes witch it wont!!! For 2 days at least, that would be great!!!!
  2. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Or maybe, if the contract passes, everybody who voted no should steal an iPad. Similar logic....
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I thought the contract already did pass????
  4. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

Not a good idea for multiple reasons.
    1.)with that many people out, the argument by UPS that it is an unauthorized strike would be brought up. Probably would stick too. Bye bye job.
    2.)your actually going against your fellow teamsters, not ups or teamster leaders. The TA passed by democratic process. I doubt any reveiws of the process will stick. We just have to live with it till the next teamster elections/contract negotiations.
    3.)I have seen an entire pd area in my building call in on a given day. All it does is !#$ the rest of the workers there. We were ready to beat their :censored2: the next day.

I voted no. I am a proud teamster. But really...really???
  5. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

No wonder people think the union sucks. We get to protect and fight for people who think this way. Sigh...I'm all for being angry. Something should be done but it shouldn't affect other peoples lives. Protest on your own time after your shift. Legal and clean.
  6. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

More to the point, you fight the good fight within the framework of what is provided to you - what you don't do is pull shenanigans and then have to defend those shenanigans.

Managements biggest fear (in Operations anyway), without any hesitation in my mind, is that the Union actually unites and stands together - if the company agrees to a contract that is legally binding, and then the Union uses that contract, there is no way out.

If you don't use that contract for whatever reason, then I have limited sympathy for you.
  7. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

you must have some big ones.
  8. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

You would be protesting againt your fellow teamsters, we already voted on the NMA, and the majority of us voted yes. Do you disagree with the process of a democratic vote?
  9. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

Hey it passed let us move on
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I voted "yes"---I think I'll take next week off to celebrate.
  11. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Great idea Beaver! Then you, Lumpy, Wally and Eddie can go throw rocks in the river...
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Why not try working like a real union for a change, not running, skipping or modifying breaks, or letting management work or harass!