Ex-UPS exec's son faces fraud charges in scheme over Maxim magazine

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Ex-UPS exec's son faces fraud charges in scheme over Maxim magazine - Reuters

U.S. prosecutors on Thursday charged the son of a former United Parcel Service Inc executive with impersonating his father to fraudulently obtain millions of dollars that was intended to finance the purchase of Maxim magazine last year.

Calvin Darden Jr., 39, faces two counts of wire fraud for his role in an elaborate scheme involving fake emails and bank statements to obtain more than $8 million and attempt to secure another $20 million, the prosecutors said.

Darden was arrested Wednesday after what a prosecutor described as a manhunt. He is the son of Calvin Darden Sr., a former vice president of U.S. operations at UPS.

P

pickup

This pinhead did a big crime before , did another one(oh excuse me, allegedly did), evaded arrest and he has HOME CONFINEMENT??????? on 1 million dollars bail. Excuse me, but the prosecutors are right , throw his recidivist butt in jail .

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This pinhead did a big crime before , did another one(oh excuse me, allegedly did), evaded arrest and he has HOME CONFINEMENT??????? on 1 million dollars bail. Excuse me, but the prosecutors are right , throw his recidivist butt in jail .

The average cost of incarceration is around $70K/year.

The average cost of home confinement is an ankle bracelet linked to a monitoring service.

Which one makes more sense to you?