Expanding natural gas by 30%

spif91

Much quieter....
image.jpg

UPS4Life

Ya know it's funny ups wants to spend all this money on these new Dolly's that telescope in over 45mph for fuel saving advantages but you look at this or a tag axle lng and there's literally probably 6'-8' in between the back of the cab and the trailer. If only A we had sliding fifth wheels and B our drivers were smart enough to adjust them for hauling pups.

Bottom rung

Wouldn't you put too much weight on the steers sliding the fifth wheel forward? I understand that they're trying to make things more efficient to make more money. But some of this stuff fuel eco stuff is silly. They're making mountains of of mole hills.

UPS4Life

Wouldn't you put too much weight on the steers sliding the fifth wheel forward? I understand that they're trying to make things more efficient to make more money. But some of this stuff fuel eco stuff is silly. They're making mountains of of mole hills.
For as far back as the long boxes sit you could easily move them forward a good bit before running into weight issues. Ups just has them mounted on the back because the pups landing gear is so much closer due to the short trailer.

I could be wrong but I would guess that with a tag axle you would be over total gross before too heavy on the steer if you slid the fifth wheel up some. I know there is always that chance to load it and the steers could be over I just meant overall.