Expecting an Olcc or letter this week

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Nolimitz, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Thursdays are my scheduled day off. So last Wednesday, I mistakenly put my work keys in my pocket at EOD and went home. Tossed dirty stuff in laundry without checking pockets. Anyways come thurs. morning the guy driving my truck was using a spare "set" of keys. He was bulked out.... Got to first P1 stop and found he had no bulk head door key. Returned to station and got key. He ended up with 14 P1 late. Mgt in thier infinite wisdom decided he was at fault and should be punished via Olcc. Needless to say he refused to sign it on the grounds that key inspection is not part of a pre-trip. Mgt stated that the investigation would continue hence my expectation to receive :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:E for taking keys home.
    I also plan to RTS

2. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

A spare set (complete) is vehicle maintenance. Their problem, not yours.

3. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Agreed but we shall see!

4. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

They'll blame everyone and anyone they possibly can (and then some)...FedSux has no qualms about spreading the wealth when it comes to dishin' out the disciplinary action....especially these days

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

A proper pre-trip includes all equipment, including the bulkhead door key. The warning letter was justified.

6. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Thank you for setting us straight on " FedEx" policies. Next time we have an issue we will just ask our shop steward, Upstate.

7. bbsam

I disagree. I am betting that the spare set had a bul head door key but the tumblers had been changed buy not the key. In a perfect world that gets caught.
    Poor management alone caused this is my guess.

8. bbsam

You don't have a shop steward and never will.

9. MAKAVELI

It must be true because bbsam says so. When he says something it's the gospel. :p

10. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Nope no bulk head key on the ring. just ignition. agree this is mgt issue all the way

11. bbsam

Prove me wrong. You can't, but amuse me with your attempts anyway.

12. bbsam

No key at all? Driver probably should have caught that, but doesn't let management off the hook.

13. MAKAVELI

I didn't know you were a psychic too.

14. bbsam

I'm not. Just bright enough to understand the lay of the land.

15. MAKAVELI

Being African American you should know not to underestimate the minority and if pushed hard enough they start pushing back in a big way.

16. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

This is why I love my keyless 700.

17. bbsam

That's just it. The couriers aren't a minority. Just spineless and without any cohesiveness of purpose. Not being a minority, I would think you would recognize that.

18. Out of the Dark

Out of the Dark New Member

I really abhor you. Honestly, you contribute NOTHING.

19. MAKAVELI

We are the minority when the corporation makes all the rules and stacks them against us. Again I would think you understand that.

20. bbsam

I honestly think you are wrong. Abhor away, however. Ignore me if you choose...if you can.