Expecting an Olcc or letter this week

bbsam

Staff member
We are the minority when the corporation makes all the rules and stacks them against us. Again I would think you understand that.

The numbers are on your side if you can move together in the same direction like the Civil Rights movement did.

DontThrowPackages

To be 100pct objective, the person who took home the original keys shares some fault. Lets face it, if the keys were there this never would have happen. 2nd, If there was only an ignition key on the ring, its the mechanics fault along with the floating courier. If there were two keys on the ring, its mechanics fault. I think most of us has had it happen. Sucks all the way around. Honest mistake.

Maui

Thursdays are my scheduled day off. So last Wednesday, I mistakenly put my work keys in my pocket at EOD and went home. Tossed dirty stuff in laundry without checking pockets. Anyways come thurs. morning the guy driving my truck was using a spare "set" of keys. He was bulked out.... Got to first P1 stop and found he had no bulk head door key. Returned to station and got key. He ended up with 14 P1 late. Mgt in thier infinite wisdom decided he was at fault and should be punished via Olcc. Needless to say he refused to sign it on the grounds that key inspection is not part of a pre-trip. Mgt stated that the investigation would continue hence my expectation to receive ****E for taking keys home.
I also plan to RTS

I agree that he was ultimately at fault. Especially if he was driving a W700. Pre-trip requires checking the back door to make sure it is secure and it is the same key. Furthermore, there are lots of items (ignition keys, uniforms, Powerpad, printer) that are not part of a pre-trip, but are required to do the job. He should get an OLCC.

There is plenty of blame to go around though. There should be 4 sets of complete keys per truck. One for couriers, one set for Ops Managers, one for the SM and one for vehicle maintenance. A manager should have given him the spare set and noticed there was no bulkhead key. Of course you should not have taken the keys home and an OLCC stating..On XYZ Nolimitz took the keys to truck 123456 home. In the future please make sure you turn your keys in each day. Thanks.

The buck stops with the driver that failed to prepare. IMO an OLCC is warranted for you and this driver. Then don't make the same mistake and no harm no foul.

Couldn't someone have taken a key out and saved some lates? Not sure of stem time here, but could someone have taken a key and some P1 from this driver to reduce or eliminate lates?

MAKAVELI

Getting people to understand that is the hard part.

It sure is. I think you just now figured it out. Now, with your fellow couriers, stop acting like the minority, stop being victimized, organize and prevail.
Actually I figured that out long before I even worked at FedEx , as I am not new to this game. What it does take is a determination to see it through or go down fighting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver write up his pkg car for a flat outside rear tire on Friday. Came in yesterday morning to find that the tire had not been changed and, yes, there was a mechanic on duty. The driver lost about 30 minutes as he had to wait until the mechanic changed the tire. Should the mechanic be disciplined for this?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Thursdays are my scheduled day off. So last Wednesday, I mistakenly put my work keys in my pocket at EOD and went home. Tossed dirty stuff in laundry without checking pockets. Anyways come thurs. morning the guy driving my truck was using a spare "set" of keys. He was bulked out.... Got to first P1 stop and found he had no bulk head door key. Returned to station and got key. He ended up with 14 P1 late. Mgt in thier infinite wisdom decided he was at fault and should be punished via Olcc. Needless to say he refused to sign it on the grounds that key inspection is not part of a pre-trip. Mgt stated that the investigation would continue hence my expectation to receive ****E for taking keys home.
I also plan to RTS

Each of you deserve something. An OLCC is no big deal considering the circumstances. Actually, an OLCC is no big deal, period, but people here act like it's the death knell. Part of the pre-trip inspection includes making sure that they keys and locks are working properly.

The courier is a FOOL if he challenges his OLCC because his VIR indicated that the doors and locks were all in working order that day despite not having a key in order to perform a proper inspection. He could be fired for falsification if his manager wants to be a real beast about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Each of you deserve something. An OLCC is no big deal considering the circumstances. Actually, an OLCC is no big deal, period, but people here act like it's the death knell. Part of the pre-trip inspection includes making sure that they keys and locks are working properly.

The courier is a FOOL if he challenges his OLCC because his VIR indicated that the doors and locks were all in working order that day despite not having a key in order to perform a proper inspection. He could be fired for falsification if his manager wants to be a real beast about it.

An OLCC wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't handed out like candy. Supposedly, management is also supposed to give positive OLCCs too, but how often do those happen? It's always a big deal to get an OLCC because it is part of the progressive discipline policy. That's why you should always fight them, because every OLCC moves you one step closer to termination.

59 Dano

That's why you should always fight them, because every OLCC moves you one step closer to termination.

He submitted a falsified VIR, which is grounds for immediate termination. His manager should remind him of that and ask him how hard he wants to fight that OLCC.

59 Dano

What is this? The Gestapo?

You know, maybe you're right. His manager shouldn't ask him that. Maybe he should just fire him for falsification of company documents and be done with it.

You guys are something else. It's like a cop giving a driver a warning for speeding and the driver arguing about it and ending up with a ticket after all is said and done.