Expired Inspection Stickers on Package Cars----On Topic

Would you take a package car on road with an expired inspection sticker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There has been much discussion in another thread in regard to expired inspection stickers on our package cars. The purpose of this poll is quite simple----I am curious as to what you drivers would do if you walked in Monday morning and noticed that your package car inspection sticker was expired and it was wrapped and ready to go.

I would take it on road. The chances of getting caught are minimal and it would take way too long to swap the load to another car. I would then write it up and it would be inspected that evening.

bbsam

Staff member
I wouldn't take it out. But then again, a mechanic cand do an annual probably quicker than off loading of another vehicle unless issues are found.

over9five

Staff member
Can you imagine what would happen if you got in an accident? If someone got hurt, even if it wasn't a mechanical fault? All blame would be on you.
Simply not worth it.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Would you guys drive with tires like these?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1478449578.103624.jpg

iowa boy

Most states require that all motor vehicles be inspected in an annual basis. NY charges on a sliding scale starting at $21 based on the model year.

Iowa does not inspect their vehicles but they do charge more to register them.

If you buy a new vehicle here in Iowa we do charge more to register them, but I paid 86 dollars to plate a pickup and an SUV in September due to their age. And that included the dollar in shipping I paid to have the stickers mailed to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you buy a new vehicle here in Iowa we do charge more to register them, but I paid 86 dollars to plate a pickup and an SUV in September due to their age. And that included the dollar in shipping I paid to have the stickers mailed to me.
Which brings us to the reality that the main purpose is is to generate State government revenues.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Most states require that all motor vehicles be inspected in an annual basis. NY charges on a sliding scale starting at $21 based on the model year.

Iowa does not inspect their vehicles but they do charge more to register them.

Seventeen is not most. More like some.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My post was based on my personal experience of living primarily on the East Coast. I can't think of a state up and down 95 that does not require an annual or biennial safety inspection.

South Carolina, Georgia and Florida don't.

(Not that it matters, but, I quite often drive cars with recently expired or no inspection stickers.)