splozi

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Destination 05/14/2012 1:13 P.M.Delivered
05/14/2012 7:03 A.M.Out For Delivery
05/14/2012 5:12 A.M.Arrival Scan
Origin 05/14/2012 3:06 A.M.Departure Scan
Origin 05/13/2012 11:58 P.M.Origin Scan
05/14/2012 9:05 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Do any of you work out of a center that has an Amazon processing facility in the same city, or nearby? Can someone explain this to me? Does UPS make pickups from the Amazon center at non-standard pickup times? This is the fastest effing ground delivery I have ever seen.

According to this, the package was scanned Sunday midnight. I had no idea pickups were made at times like that.

How was it even sorted so quickly... I imagine the preload sort would be the first sort of the week, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

upsman2940

Feeder drivers make pickups during hub sort hours. We have a select comfort pickup that is made at 100 am and all the packages that have instate address make it to their destination on the same day! I imagine that why amazon is building so many distribution ctrs!

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I'm pretty sure the 'origin scan' shown here is when Amazon's computer creates the order and tells the UPS computer...I order a lot of stuff from Amazon in the middle of the night, and that's generally how my stuff shows up.

beentheredonethat

Nope.. Origin SCAN is by definition a physical scan at a UPS facility. Also, an origin scan only occurs when it is at a facility that should get the 1st scan for that shipper. For 99% of shippers it is the local UPS facility. However for large shippers (Like amazon) they can send to multiple UPS facilities to get better transit time. The order processed scan was the equivalent of the manifest scan the customer provided to us. So they gave us the pkg, then later they gave us the data on the pkg.

S

splozi

I understand what the original scan is. I was just extremely confused about the pickup time... and the fact that it occurred way before the preload sort. I guess the center in this city must have another sort going on before preload on Monday.