Express CEV Points

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I just found out today that if you down grade from FT to PT that you lose a ton of your accrued CEV points. Does anyone know how long this has been policy? This means that if you are FT for 20 years and step down to PT, that if you want to go back to FT you might be screwed. Someone with less seniority than you might get a position before you. Thanks.

dezguy

Been that way up here for as long as I've been at Express. It has affected vacation picks at my station. Two guys hired the same day, one had always picked ahead of the other until about 6 years ago when the other guy jumped over him because of his CEV points.

[quote="Route 66, post: 1325978, member: 408133]unfortunately Fredwicks and his fat wallet has pretty much ensured that we don't have the luxury of 'picking' any of 'em.[/quote]
Sorry man!...really I am......let me just say , friend.U. Fred and Hoffa too!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ask any Roadway/Yellow driver just how happy they are with the Teamsters. Still it's better than no union at all. I guess.

!Retired!

I just found out today that if you down grade from FT to PT that you lose a ton of your accrued CEV points. Does anyone know how long this has been policy? This means that if you are FT for 20 years and step down to PT, that if you want to go back to FT you might be screwed. Someone with less seniority than you might get a position before you. Thanks.
It's always been that way. I went to PT when I moved down South. I got lucky and got a FT route within a year. I downgraded again when I moved out here. Took me 5 1/2 years to get a FT route.
Been that way up here for as long as I've been at Express. It has affected vacation picks at my station. Two guys hired the same day, one had always picked ahead of the other until about 6 years ago when the other guy jumped over him because of his CEV points.
Vacations are bid by seniority (AKA employee number), not CEV points. If the more senior person loses a week he/she wants to the person ahead of him/her, I'd say something for sure. If not, nothing lost.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you go from FT to PT, you lose 50% of your CEV points.
If you go from PT to FT, your CEV points will double.

59 Dano

So if you go from FT to PT and then back to FT all in the same year you would be back where you started?

You'd be a little bit higher. It takes your continuous months of service and multiplies that by 1 for FT CEV points, and by .5 for PT CEV points.

59 Dano

But why lose any if you've already earned them?

What it boils down to is that it's a way to measure seniority within that job classification, so you don't "lose" much of anything, if anything at all.

For example, you're a 10 year FT courier. You would have 120 CEV points. You bid on, and get, a PT position, but let's say you don't lose your points, so you stay at 120. Another PT position opens and you want to bid on it, but another PT courier wants it, too. He's been there 11 years. He would have 66 CEV points.

Should you, as a 10 year employee, get the job over the 11 year employee?

FedUpRTD

Vacation bidding based on CEV points? That is a new one on me. Something sounds very fishy about this one.