Express Complaint - No trolling

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
A daily high-volume customer asked me wtf was up with the Express driver.
Yesterday he allegedly peeked through a window and drove away, unaware that he had about five skids of P1 for a major $$$ retailer staged about ten feet back from the normal area.

I suggested a "visual cue" might have been nice, since it's an abnormal shipment. But the customer complained that it has happened four times with this driver in the last few months.

As I was out covering the route today, I wasn't much in the "know" of all the drivers out in this neck of the woods, but I did see the same guy at two pickup stops later in the day. I bit my tongue on telling him anything, just in case it's another driver covering that stop. Doubtful, because I helped him load a 135lb wooden crate on the other end of the route an hour before seeing him a block from the complainer.

I guess my point is... none of us are perfect.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are instructed to make contact with each of the shippers at all of our daily pickup stops. We are strongly discouraged from allowing pickups to post signs indicating whether they have packages going out or not. I had one customer who used to do this and decided to put the sign out long after I had driven past her stop. She called in a missed pickup concern.

Take the minute or two to make sure that they have nothing going out------much easier than being directed to go back because they called in saying that you missed their stop.

McFeely

Huge Member
We are required to have face-to-face contact with every pickup customer. Period.

I have a couple pups that I never see the customer. One of them is too stupid and leaves early and locks up before their close time but hardly EVER cancels their pickup. There have been a few occasions where I could see the outbound packages sitting on the front desk but the entire building is locked up and no cars in the parking lot so I leave a door tag showing that I stopped by.

The other has a late close time but they're long gone by the time I get there. It's on a farm and I have access to their stuff, so that's not a big deal. The problem with them is that they have no clue how to properly label and do paperwork on int'l shipments but I never see anyone there to talk to them about paperwork, etc. I leave a note but they still keep friend'ing up their stuff.

Purplepackage

We are required to have face-to-face contact with every pickup customer. Period.

Yeah "required" there are so many regs that are just in the front lobby of the building and the open time is after everyone leaves.

Though a manager getting a complaint that you left a pup of a couple skids of p1 sit would get you an olcc at my station for sure

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah "required" there are so many regs that are just in the front lobby of the building and the open time is after everyone leaves.

Though a manager getting a complaint that you left a pup of a couple skids of p1 sit would get you an olcc at my station for sure
Probably a warning letter at my station.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I should have said that we're required to have face to face contact unless they're closed.

Purplepackage

I do. I don't know if anyone else does. Don't even know if we're required to or not. Lol. We used to have notices specially for pickups. Haven't seen one in years.

We aren't required but it's a good way to cover your ass. Some routes I cover the pups that close early and don't have anything actually cancel their pickup..imagine that