Express raises.

Code43

According to the Payroll screen in IMS screen I have fallen from the 3% raise category to 2% for next October. I've been with the company for nearly 10 years. Does anyone have an insight to why I'm moving backwards? The only thing I can come with is that starting pay is being raised so often that I've somehow dropped into a lower percentile.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
According to the Payroll screen in IMS screen I have fallen from the 3% raise category to 2% for next October. I've been with the company for nearly 10 years. Does anyone have an insight to why I'm moving backwards? The only thing I can come with is that starting pay is being raised so often that I've somehow dropped into a lower percentile.

Just because. Regardless of what the real reason is, they will blow smoke up your butt and almost have you thinking they're doing you a favor.

MAKAVELI

Because the new wage scale is designed to keep us from topping out. They raised the starting wage and max wage effectively placing you in the first quartile. In other words, it's just plain friend......d up!

vantexan

If they keep raising starting pay 3% they'll eventually catch the newer couriers getting 2% raises. And since the 3% raises of topped out couriers are considerably more than the 3% of couriers in the 2nd quartile then yeah, it looks like the first quartile could catch you. Hadn't seen that one coming, just figured it'll take forever to get over the midpoint. That should P.O. enough 10 year employees to get them to quit. I wonder how they think they'll be competitive for employees if they don't pay much more than what most companies offer? If this push for a better living wage goes through to $15hr, probably won't but who knows, I could see many 20 something's bailing on FedEx for easier jobs.

Code43

I wasn't surprised to see it. I've gotten 3% every year since we started this "Improved" pay scale several years ago. why not make it 2%, right? lol. If they're going to pay me what a new hire makes, I guess I'll start missing scans, asking for directions continuously, and wrecking vehicles. Seems to be the norm.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
According to the Payroll screen in IMS screen I have fallen from the 3% raise category to 2% for next October. I've been with the company for nearly 10 years. Does anyone have an insight to why I'm moving backwards?
Yes I do!, it's because you're working for a sh1tty company that no longer considers frontline employees to be their most valuable asset.

whenIgetthere

I heard if you run and speed, and also do pups on your break that you get a bigger raise

We had a PM courier who was fired a while back because he had too many accidents. He was doing a PUP route that started at 1515, and there were on most days more than 25 1700 closes. WhenI was a swing, I ran the route quite a few times. The route was impossible because of the late start time. In fact, I took quite a few late PUP's, as did all the other swings on this route. The regular courier never had lates, and we suspected something was wrong. After he was fired, one of the regulars told me that most days he would show up in his personal vehicle on the way to work to grab their packages, and another who told me he would call them and ask them to leave the packages OSD or in the drop box down the street. Managers would always give us swings a hard time for the lates, but we never knew the particulars till customers started telling us after he was fired. All that falsification because he was a favored employee, but too many accidents will get anyone fired. The person they hired next to do the route, did so without falsifying, took the lates. and now they moved the start time back to 1415 where it should be.

Purplepackage

We had a PM courier who was fired a while back because he had too many accidents. He was doing a PUP route that started at 1515, and there were on most days more than 25 1700 closes. WhenI was a swing, I ran the route quite a few times. The route was impossible because of the late start time. In fact, I took quite a few late PUP's, as did all the other swings on this route. The regular courier never had lates, and we suspected something was wrong. After he was fired, one of the regulars told me that most days he would show up in his personal vehicle on the way to work to grab their packages, and another who told me he would call them and ask them to leave the packages OSD or in the drop box down the street. Managers would always give us swings a hard time for the lates, but we never knew the particulars till customers started telling us after he was fired. All that falsification because he was a favored employee, but too many accidents will get anyone fired. The person they hired next to do the route, did so without falsifying, took the lates. and now they moved the start time back to 1415 where it should be.

We have far to many pup routes like that, my route has 18 regulars and can sometimes get up to 40 pups all together. When someone is covering my day off there is no way they can start at 3, when I'm on my route I am doing pups all day. Yet management has yet to change the start time for the cover guys

Serf

Just because. Regardless of what the real reason is, they will blow smoke up your butt and almost have you thinking they're doing you a favor.
Correct. I find it amusing to that in the SFA pamphlets they passed around, management had to re inform us of the fact that Express gave a 2-5% raise this past year in order to "fix" the mid level employees. If inflation is 3.25-3.5 % annually, your 2 or 3% raise still will leave you behind the 8 ball so to speak. Amazing.

DontThrowPackages

The moral of the story is have lates and the route will be adjusted realistically.

vantexan

Anyone hear the latest rumor about topping out 10 yr. CRRs this time around?

With Fred saying he'll almost double profits by 2016 it's highly unlikely. More likely management started the rumor to slow down the number of couriers leaving.

dezguy

Even ten years to top out is way too long. I don't know of another multi national, multi billion dollar company where it takes front line employees 10 years to get to top wage.