Express raises.

Code43

Now C'mon. I'm not saying this is made up but please elaborate. I'm finding it nearly impossible to believe that FedEx would start throwing out 10 dollar an hour raises after making it's middle of the road employees suffer on 2% raises for nearly the entire time they've been employed with the company.

SmithBarney

Now C'mon. I'm not saying this is made up but please elaborate. I'm finding it nearly impossible to believe that FedEx would start throwing out 10 dollar an hour raises after making it's middle of the road employees suffer on 2% raises for nearly the entire time they've been employed with the company.
Maybe they are trying to slow the revolving door, realizing that it costs much more to keep hiring/training/clothing/ new people who leave after 6months. Also trying to slow attrition, too many mid range employees are leaving for more lucrative jobs. That leaves FDX with Aging Couriers and new hires. The Aging Couriers cost more in payroll/medical/productivity(not all are slow). The new couriers cost less but you need more of them to hit the productivity of seasoned employees.

It will be fine

Maybe they are trying to slow the revolving door, realizing that it costs much more to keep hiring/training/clothing/ new people who leave after 6months. Also trying to slow attrition, too many mid range employees are leaving for more lucrative jobs. That leaves FDX with Aging Couriers and new hires. The Aging Couriers cost more in payroll/medical/productivity(not all are slow). The new couriers cost less but you need more of them to hit the productivity of seasoned employees.
Lol, upper management realizing they've made a mistake and taking steps to correct it. That's hilarious.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a manager tell me about a month ago that they hired around 50 people in my building in November. Another manager was doing interviews the other day. I'm in a large station, but holy crap, that's a lot of people coming and going through the doors.

Purplepackage

I had a manager tell me about a month ago that they hired around 50 people in my building in November. Another manager was doing interviews the other day. I'm in a large station, but holy crap, that's a lot of people coming and going through the doors.

That varies by station, we hired 2 in November and before that we haven't hired anyone for 5 years. Now one of those hires will probably get canned pretty soon but I doubt we will hire a replacement since it seems like we don't need him anyway.

Also the company spending what money on clothes? Our ststion has a 100 dollar budget that's like 2 shirts and a pair of pants once a year lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My station has a revolving door. I don't even bother learning anyone's name until they've been there for months. Then, there is a chance they might stay for a while. Turnover is so high, we have cover drivers moving into FT Monday-Friday routes in less than a year after being hired. It's great for them.

overflowed

My station has a revolving door. I don't even bother learning anyone's name until they've been there for months. Then, there is a chance they might stay for a while. Turnover is so high, we have cover drivers moving into FT Monday-Friday routes in less than a year after being hired. It's great for them.
Sounds like the station I'm at. I notice a person a handler one week, driver the next week it seems.

vantexan

Had sr.mgr. in 2013 tell me the company had addressed top out times by making it 7 years. "7 years?" I replied. Yes she said, once you hit midpoint it'll only take 7 years to top out with higher raises. What about the 20+ years to reach the midpoint! if ever? She angrily changed the subject.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I love that...it's sort of like telling your 6 year-old that you're going to take them to Disney World in 7 years....."oh by the way, that's 7 years after you've reached your 20th birthday, junior."....oh joy!!!!

vantexan

I love that...it's sort of like telling your 6 year-old that you're going to take them to Disney World in 7 years....."oh by the way, that's 7 years after you've reached your 20th birthday, junior."....oh joy!!!!
Nothing worse than a 27 yr old going to Disney World with his middle aged parents.

BigTex61

The new couriers cost less in payroll and insurance, but are killing us in vehicle body repair and replacement cost due to do many accidents.

l22

Mainly because management has tricked them into thinking they will be fired for lates

It's sad how many new couriers think that having lates means they'll lose their job. You can't get fired for lates. You can get fired for repeated accidents, falsification, fighting, and drugs. I've probably left a few things off of that list but lates and gaps don't mean much and the best thing any courier who wants to stay employed with Express should do is dedicate themselves to not hitting anything and not getting injured.

Purplepackage

It's sad how many new couriers think that having lates means they'll lose their job. You can't get fired for lates. You can get fired for repeated accidents, falsification, fighting, and drugs. I've probably left a few things off of that list but lates and gaps don't mean much and the best thing any courier who wants to stay employed with Express should do is dedicate themselves to not hitting anything and not getting injured.

Must be a new training video threatening you for lates.

Slow and steady wins the race and in this case the race is your life and all the others you hold in your hands on the road.

If they haven't fired the guy who runs his route at 80% they sure aren't going to fire you for some lates