Express raises.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our station was one of those which got the 15% temporary raise. We still lost a couple of people during the time it was in effect. Our DM paid us a visit during peak and said he couldn't see them taking it away (even though they did just that). This spring we had people telling our SM that they felt insulted that FedEx would pay them more when they really needed them than they would the entire year. The meeting got a little ugly. The SM tried to play it off by saying it was too bad there wasn't a mechanism to increase pay for everyone. That really caused an uproar since our station is in the lowest market level.

The usual BS, blah, blah, blah.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Remember if it makes sense FEDEX won't do it. They want you to use paperless paychecks, to save money after years of giving us all and extra blank sheet of paper in our envelopes. Printing 3 copies of time cards, stopping using 1 VIR per month even if it isn't full, the company could afford to give you raises if they didn't waste so much on useless stuff. Many Stations have and pay for cable TV, for who? Some Stations have soda and/or ice cream machines(FREE) many others I'm sure... anyway I'll Stick to what I've heard before. FEDEX HAS NO INCENTIVE TO GIVE RAISES and until they do, you can bet your sweeet ass they'll hold that money.

As I'll tell any management person, the day they park the corporate jets and fly FedEx executives First Class, is the day I will believe money is an issue. Until then, friend-um.

SmithBarney

But why screw with us? You have a beef with the company then mess with them.

Just showing how easy it is to be friend'ed with, I was lied to when I started at FDX(as were you) and presumably others. The biggest question is what is FDX's endgame what is their contingency plan when all the good employees have left, and they are stuck with a less than average workforce.

It will be fine

Just showing how easy it is to be friend'ed with, I was lied to when I started at FDX(as were you) and presumably others. The biggest question is what is FDX's endgame what is their contingency plan when all the good employees have left, and they are stuck with a less than average workforce.
WAGN. Ground has been doing it for less for decades. There's no real benefit to more than a year of experience for drivers. Churn and burn the new guys. Let them leave after a few years before their bodies break down.

vantexan

I expect them to lie to us, but expect better from you. We still have had a number of people on this thread claim that something is in the works according to their mgr or SM. All BSer's too?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I expect them to lie to us, but expect better from you. We still have had a number of people on this thread claim that something is in the works according to their mgr or SM. All BSer's too?

I've only heard from my SM, about the piddling raise we're getting. Nothing about any big raises.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

FedEx has figured out how to give the barest minimum service and still make money. Customers have adjusted to lower standards from us as well as UPS. It won't be too hard to get barest minimum employees.

MAKAVELI

I think he was just having a little fun with everyone, although not too many probably thought it was funny. Management has been starting little RUMORS of a wage progression, but at this point I would have to think it's the same game Smithbarney was playing.

mcutrono

I highly doubt there will be any significant raises for us 10+ year employees. They're looking into $5 billion worth of Boeings so that they can get the late freight to us in style. They seriously dont care about us. I would be glad to be wrong. But dont think I am. They are saving a fortune on salary with all the senior guys leaving. I need to be at top pay, not because Ive been here for what feels like a billion years but because of the market I live in. But take refuge in the fact that we will get our 2% increase

SmithBarney

Sorry I'm not funny, but I was offered my job back if I wanted it... can't talk about it much, but they changed my compensation to "entice" me back... I guess my parents were right, everything is negotiable.

MAKAVELI

Sometimes, there are things you want to shout from mountain tops, but only whisper in valleys.. speaking of mountains, I could use some snow, when is winter gonna get here.
Kinda hard to take you seriously when you had your fun toying with everyone on raises and then tell us without telling us that they offered you more money to stay. I'm going to call bs on this one.