Express raises.

Serf

I asked about this this morning, boss said new hires and top out get 3%. Every one else gets 6%. I've been here almost 8 years and don't make much more than a new hire.
I got the part about 3% for the bottom and top employees. Also the flat 3% for Handlers. But we all know we will not get 6% annually for a decade. So yes this is a big what's next?

vantexan

I asked about this this morning, boss said new hires and top out get 3%. Every one else gets 6%. I've been here almost 8 years and don't make much more than a new hire.
I'm wondering if because I'm still at starting pay after 13 months does that mean I only get 3%? Wouldn't surprise me.

optikz

I'm wondering if because I'm still at starting pay after 13 months does that mean I only get 3%? Wouldn't surprise me.

Senior manager said if you were here less than a year, u would get 3% so I would ask your manager at the station and find out. Based on what he said to us, u should be in the 6% category.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got the part about 3% for the bottom and top employees. Also the flat 3% for Handlers. But we all know we will not get 6% annually for a decade. So yes this is a big what's next?

It isn't big because you'll lose it somewhere else. For now, I see this as nothing but a ploy to keep turnover down.

A company that was competent would have taken steps long ago. In the meantime, most of their talent has walked and the word is out that this is a nowhere crap job.

DontThrowPackages

It isn't big because you'll lose it somewhere else. For now, I see this as nothing but a ploy to keep turnover down.

A company that was competent would have taken steps long ago. In the meantime, most of their talent has walked and the word is out that this is a nowhere crap job.
Correct. I believe the MERIT Payout as been taken away.

DontThrowPackages

True. But that makes them a smart 22 year old. At 22 I don't think I would have made that decision. To busy with other things.;)
It's were I wanted to go but the waiting list was 5 years to get into a truck. Here was only 3 months and to add the pension here was rather competitive to that of the competition. After ten years in, the rules are changed and you're at the point of no return. But good for him to know at 22.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Something will "happen" that prevents it.

Weasel Smith.jpg

Code43

I have one week left. Literally felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders the second I gave notice. I feel normal again for the first time in years. Its scary how much I let this place affect my mood and health.

l22

I have one week left. Literally felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders the second I gave notice. I feel normal again for the first time in years. Its scary how much I let this place affect my mood and health.

Congrats to you. It hasn't been too long for me, but I really feel like the job has affected my mood/health in particular since I first started when I shouldn't let it do that. There have been so many days when I got home from work and just drank until I felt better and/or ate until I felt better. I'm learning to cope with the stress the best I can now though. For me, exercise helps in particular, and so does laying off the booze. I suppose my problem was putting too much blind faith into the company - faith no one should have for any company in the first place in this day and age. That's why I'd say the best way to do this job is just WAD and view it as the business you've chosen - not as something to get emotional about (talking about the job itself). It is the business we've chosen but we can also get out of it too and choose another business.

Last edited: