Express raises.

MondayLates

What I want to know about the new raise system is that if I'm a few cents below step 3, does that mean I will only get bumped up to Step 3 next time around? Are the steps a defined figure or a range? I have heard both answers in rumors but no comment from management

optikz

What I want to know about the new raise system is that if I'm a few cents below step 3, does that mean I will only get bumped up to Step 3 next time around? Are the steps a defined figure or a range? I have heard both answers in rumors but no comment from management

According to front line this month, yes, you will go to the next step. I confirmed with my senior manger as well.

MAKAVELI

According to front line this month, yes, you will go to the next step. I confirmed with my senior manger as well.
Which is total bullshat. Giving someone a few cents raise to the next " step " is a slap in the face. This step wage progression is nothing more than a carrot to dangle for new hires and midrange employees.

MondayLates

Unbelievable. No wonder they can afford to give us all a 6% raise this year. Next year many of us will be getting 0.5% or less. I've got to get out of here. What an insane and depressing scheme. I bet there are many more people who have yet to realize this is the catch.

dex 84

And one can only wonder if the step boundaries were designed with this little wrinkle in mind. If you're falling just shy of the step boundary then I imagine many others hired in the same time period as you are also in the same position.

SmithBarney

No if you are between step 2 and step 3, you are "step 2" and remember Mondaylates the Steps system haven't been defined as yearly...in fact the front line was specifically vague...yet no one is asking questions...

Slick silver

I think it literally stated, raises would be based on yearly profit margin that year for express only. I finally watched that frontline video.

Buhryein

I think what people here are worried about/trying to figure out is if step 2 is 17.00 - 18.00 and step 3 is 18.01-19.00 if the 6% puts you at 17.99 then does that mean next year they will "bump you to step 3 with a 2 cent raise, because there are going to be more people then not that fall just under the next step. If this is the case that gives Fedex plenty of time to come up with an excuse on how the step raises will not make it to the next year thus not having to worry about the next step bump that would be 18.01 to 19.01

Artee

No one ever said each step was going to take one year. It might take you 3 years to do each step. Therefore it will take a new employee 30 years to top out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I doubt this. When has this craphole ever bumped anyone up when they could keep them at a lower level? As more details of this deal are revealed, it appears that far fewer employees than one would expect are actually getting a decent raise.

FedEx. Absolutely, postively always looking for some way to screw you.

CJinx

Are your raises effective Oct 1st? Ground numbers finally came out yesterday after repeated delays and ours go into effect on the 1st.