Express to USPS

dezguy

Just don't say anything to anyone. If you have a work conflict, tell them you're working your other job. If they ask where else you're working, say your other job.

Early on in my time at Express, I got a seasonal job at Canada Post. I told one person; Someone I thought wouldn't say anything, next think I know, management comes up to me and tells me I can't work for a competitor.

fedx.drivr

So as an pt express courier I am not allowed to work pt for the competition(ups)? I have never been told this and don't recall signing off on it anywhere. Would it be grounds for termination?

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

So as an pt express courier I am not allowed to work pt for the competition(ups)? I have never been told this and don't recall signing off on it anywhere. Would it be grounds for termination?

Sent using BrownCafe App

They would tell you if you wanted to continue working at FedEx, you'd have to quit UPS if they found out. Otherwise, they'd can you.

SmithBarney

Look at it another way. If you worked for Microsoft, would they let you work at Intel doing similar duties? Of course not.
Apples and Oranges, he is a laborer pure and simple, if he was a manager with operational control then yes there is a conflict, otherwise keep your mouth shut go to work
and go to work. You have a Family or Bills to pay, and it's none of their business.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Apples and Oranges, he is a laborer pure and simple, if he was a manager with operational control then yes there is a conflict, otherwise keep your mouth shut go to work
and go to work. You have a Family or Bills to pay, and it's none of their business.
I agree with this fully. What's the big deal anyway? As long as their schedules aren't conflicting, it's none of their beeswax where else an hourly employee chooses to work.

I once knew a guy who would show up to work at FedEx still attired in his UPS uniform (UPS was his first job and he was PT at both) ...Got away with it for quite awhile because local management was cool with it, but eventually of course some uppity-up caught wind of it and he was given an ultimatum. He made the wrong choice unfortunately and stayed Purple. That was a long time ago though, when it still seemed to all of us like he was making the best choice.

I agree, the best advice to anyone doing that is simply 'go to work, keep mouth shut - don't ask, don't tell'

hypo hanna

I agree with this fully. What's the big deal anyway? As long as their schedules aren't conflicting, it's none of their beeswax where else an hourly employee chooses to work.

I once knew a guy who would show up to work at FedEx still attired in his UPS uniform (UPS was his first job and he was PT at both) ...Got away with it for quite awhile because local management was cool with it, but eventually of course some uppity-up caught wind of it and he was given an ultimatum. He made the wrong choice unfortunately and stayed Purple. That was a long time ago though, when it still seemed to all of us like he was making the best choice.

I agree, the best advice to anyone doing that is simply 'go to work, keep mouth shut - don't ask, don't tell'
As long as its the FedEx job that's at risk, what's the big deal? I might feel differantly if it were the USPS or UPS that i might loose.
This is just fedex abusing employees. What propiatary information does a driver have access to that they could share with a competitor?