Express: truck repair issue

bbsam

Staff member
I'm still waiting for someone to cite a governing body that proves this is a safety violation.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I was talking about when you were with UPS. And so were you.
Honestly, in those dark, heat absorbing vehicles, I wouldn't have known if the heat was stuck on anyway if the blower motor was off.

Last edited:

TeamLift

While at UPS, we never had AC.

Well, I don't drive down the road with my doors wide open on my sprinter van.
No. Team is. I'm saying he's trying to stretch and make a comfort issue into a safety issue. Doesn't matter though. If it wasn't AC I'm sure he'd find something else.

Sweat pouring down my face into my eyes and burning like hell, ya, that's a safety issue when I have to drive like that in a development, kid suddenly runs in front of you and you can't see him or her because of satan in your eyes. Shut off valve in the heater line, no, just fix it right and stop trying to welfare your way through maintenance . It's the cost of doing business, Hd gets it, we have mostly all new rides on our side now, ground still using the same old junk, now days payments and an extended warranty are cheaper than repairs every 5 seconds. Ground trucks cost more, but you make more. I know one thing, staying cool in my new ride, I go home a lot less tired than I used to. Besides, how much would it cost to fix the temperature gauge, put in a new compressor and some freon, peanuts compared to how much you guys say you make.

Last edited:

TeamLift

I drive for UPS, I'd rather have raises, benefits, and a retirement that A/C for three months out of the year.

Three months, try about seven months, and you don't need air in a step truck, drive a little faster and you will cool off just fine. As slow as you guys walk to a door, you shouldn't get hot anyway.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Three months, try about seven months, and you don't need air in a step truck, drive a little faster and you will cool off just fine. As slow as you guys walk to a door, you shouldn't get hot anyway.
image.jpg

Slick silver

There a sprinter at my station that has no air what's so ever, and I'm not talking the ac. Was a definite issue when it started to rain and the windows started to fog up.

CJinx

Sweat pouring down my face into my eyes and burning like hell, ya, that's a safety issue when I have to drive like that in a development, kid suddenly runs in front of you and you can't see him or her because of satan in your eyes.
So in other words, you're a bad driver who goes way too fast in residential zones and will blame anyone but themselves when they eventually injure/kill someone?

Anthonysg0113

Was citing the three extreme hot temperature months, and yes I don't need ac in my package car. You're right, I don't break a sweat going to a door, I'm paid by the hour.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Sweat pouring down my face into my eyes and burning like hell, ya, that's a safety issue when I have to drive like that in a development, kid suddenly runs in front of you and you can't see him or her because of satan in your eyes. Shut off valve in the heater line, no, just fix it right and stop trying to welfare your way through maintenance . It's the cost of doing business, Hd gets it, we have mostly all new rides on our side now, ground still using the same old junk, now days payments and an extended warranty are cheaper than repairs every 5 seconds. Ground trucks cost more, but you make more. I know one thing, staying cool in my new ride, I go home a lot less tired than I used to. Besides, how much would it cost to fix the temperature gauge, put in a new compressor and some freon, peanuts compared to how much you guys say you make.

i wipe the sweat from my eyes before i take off, then check my bank acct. on Fri and see i made more then twice what you did, and walk slow and safe to every stop.

TeamLift

i wipe the sweat from my eyes before i take off, then check my bank acct. on Fri and see i made more then twice what you did, and walk slow and safe to every stop.

Not all gravy on the UPS side though, you guys are out till what, 8.00 pm every night ? I hear the divorce rate among UPS drivers is high cause you are never home. FedEx guy takes care of your wife, delivers HIS package, pounding her like the dinner bell at the Ponderosa, leaves by six, you still have 28 stops to go.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not all gravy on the UPS side though, you guys are out till what, 8.00 pm every night ? I hear the divorce rate among UPS drivers is high cause you are never home. FedEx guy takes care of your wife, delivers HIS package, pounding her like the dinner bell at the Ponderosa, leaves by six, you still have 28 stops to go.
Aww. Be nice.

TeamLift

That big money comes at a big price too, have to shut your truck off at every stop, if you don't, before your front tires hit the asphalt again you get a phone call, some of UPS regulations would make Hitler say Damn, while everyone else is at the party, your just starting to close your scanner down. They know every move you make out there, can tell you how many times you backed up that day, what time you urinated, whether your urine looked clear or not, whether children were present when you did, no thanks, I will get done by 3.00 pm, go home, take a shower and by the time you show up to deliver a package at my house, my motor will be cold.