Extended seasonal contract

Seasonal

My contract for seasonally driving ended august 31st I got a call the 8th to come in and work. Some said that means they have to hire you and others said they could have extended my contract. Boss was to busy to talk to today. Anyone have any experience with this ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My contract for seasonally driving ended august 31st I got a call the 8th to come in and work. Some said that means they have to hire you and others said they could have extended my contract. Boss was to busy to talk to today. Anyone have any experience with this ?
There is no "season driving" this time of the year where I am?
Here in the Central Region., it is termed "vacation replacement drivers" (May until Labor Day), and if you have worked 30 days in the previous 90, they owe you a full time seniority date.

Seasonal

Full time seniority date?

I have worked full time from may 5th to September 2nd then just got called in to to work yesterday and today

Inthegame

As Bubble posted, if you're in the Central Region and if you've worked after Labor Day, and if you've worked more than 30 days in the last 90 days, you should have gained seniority. If you haven't worked more than 30 in 90 yet, keep counting throughout September. Best bet would be to contact your union steward.

upschuck

I signed my termination(dated Dec 26th) letter before I signed my hire papers to work as a jumper during peak a few years(looooong time ago).

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg