Extra Board drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by alex4815, Nov 19, 2015.

1. alex4815

alex4815 New Member

Has anyone heard that we extra board can pull loads for package if our run is cut for the night

2. mvol50

mvol50 Member

3. mvol50

mvol50 Member

I've heard that drivers that are being laid off during the freight slow season can inquire about working for package during peak.

4. alex4815

alex4815 New Member

We got a message from package Friday asking for help during the Holiday season. .Atlanta has a sign up sheet. .I ran only 500 miles last week and about 2000 in the last 3 weeks but they want cut the run so I can bump back in the city

5. alex4815

alex4815 New Member

They say freight is slow boy a friend of mine for Estes say they are hiring drivers. ..I've been here 21 years. .I need about 9 more to retire and I'm trying to hang on

6. alex4815

alex4815 New Member

Well, I've gotten my answer. .I'm an extra board driver and I've been pulling for small pack since the day after Thanksgiving

7. Allentown Brown773

Allentown Brown773 New Member

I'm a city driver and just got a layoff letter yesterday in the mail. To my understanding it means I'm laid off from driving, but can still work the dock. Regardless, I got cleared to run for small pack as soon as next week which I don't mind because I worked there for 7 years p/t and will be nice seeing some familiar faces at my old building rather just here and there sometimes at customers.