Extra contractual Agreements

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Sounds like a "change of operations". Creating a part time preload.

Off the top of my head, that sounds like something covered by the contract; or open to "effects bargaining", upon request of the union.

Dr.Brownz

Sounds like a "change of operations". Creating a part time preload.

Off the top of my head, that sounds like something covered by the contract; or open to "effects bargaining", upon request of the union.

Well I'm gonna start stirring the pot here in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know how it works out.

Re-Raise

No no you have it backwards. The early starters all have bid routes (except one guy who just takes his pick of whats open). However instead of running their route, they go home instead, which allows management to justify throwing extra stops on the route to give the late starters more hours. Only a couple of the late starters have bid routes Also they pay less overtime out this way.

We don't have pas or edd so the drivers have know the route to load it. We have a driver sort and load, they all get paid their driver rate to load trucks, it's been that way since this center opened in the 60's. We have two or three PTers who unload trailers during the sort for 10 an hour.

There is other BS going on though where they aren't putting a few unbid routes up for bid and as a result the cover drivers are cycled though them all week, thus denying them 9.5 list rights.
Clarksville?

UPSGUY72

No no you have it backwards. The early starters all have bid routes (except one guy who just takes his pick of whats open). However instead of running their route, they go home instead, which allows management to justify throwing extra stops on the route to give the late starters more hours. Only a couple of the late starters have bid routes Also they pay less overtime out this way.

We don't have pas or edd so the drivers have know the route to load it. We have a driver sort and load, they all get paid their driver rate to load trucks, it's been that way since this center opened in the 60's. We have two or three PTers who unload trailers during the sort for 10 an hour.

There is other BS going on though where they aren't putting a few unbid routes up for bid and as a result the cover drivers are cycled though them all week, thus denying them 9.5 list rights.

So they have Ft drivers that also load there cars working for a couple hrs a day at $33 + hr and going home instead of running their route? If that is the case I would have to guess they are working hrs worked and not getting there guaranteed 8 which doesn't make any sense. If they are getting there guaranteed 8 then 4 + of it would have to be guaranteed on there pay check which I would like would raise some red flags.

On a side not my building has a FT preload the preloaders get paid ft driver rate $33.66 + $.15 hour since there shift starts after 5 pm.

DSM515

What time do you start Dr brownz? And how many hours a day do you work? How long have you been driving? In my center we have non bid drivers laid off. So if your getting 40 hours a week and said early drivers have more seniority then your you should just worry about yourself and cash your check. If they have been doing this since the 60s like you said then you don't have a case.

Dr.Brownz

What time do you start Dr brownz? And how many hours a day do you work? How long have you been driving? In my center we have non bid drivers laid off. So if your getting 40 hours a week and said early drivers have more seniority then your you should just worry about yourself and cash your check. If they have been doing this since the 60s like you said then you don't have a case.

No, they have had driver sort and load since the 60's, where the driver loads and then does the route. This pseudo preload deal is a recent development, and talking with my steward there has already been a grievance that stopped this practice, nearly 15 years ago. We have a new management team, all here less than 6 months and they started this back up. No one has filed on it though.....