Extra Dollar?

Ups_nooe93

I work in the preload sort aisle.. (4am-9am)
I was wondering if I'm entitled to the extra dollar bonus. I was hired straight into the sort aisle and never took any type of sorting test.
Although we sort by colors (which is on the pal label) and not by zip codes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I work in the preload sort aisle.. (4am-9am)
I was wondering if I'm entitled to the extra dollar bonus. I was hired straight into the sort aisle and never took any type of sorting test.
Although we sort by colors (which is on the pal label) and not by zip codes.
I don't believe so.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Check with the shop steward and do whatever you have to do to get that extra dollar. Every bit helps.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Here it is if your situation fits you are entitled to it:
All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority afterAugust 1, 2008 will be paid according to the following wage sched-ules:
Hourly Rate
Preloader All
Sorter
Others
Start
$9.50
$8.50
Start plus ninety (90) calendar days
$10.50
$9.50
Seniority plus one (1) year
$11.00
$10.00
Seniority plus two (2) years
$11.50
$10.50
Seniority plus three (3) years
$12.00
$11.00
Seniority plus four (4) years
$12.87
$11.87
Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall
receive the preloader/sorter rates.

PT Car Washer

I believe all our new pre loaders lost the extra $1.00 when we went to the PAL system. Only the old timers kept their pre load pay. I don't agree with it as the contract clearly states that all who work the pre load will be paid the extra $1.00. Sounds as if it was a battle long lost.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I believe all our new pre loaders lost the extra $1.00 when we went to the PAL system. Only the old timers kept their pre load pay. I don't agree with it as the contract clearly states that all who work the pre load will be paid the extra $1.00. Sounds as if it was a battle long lost.
i believe you're correct. I started before PAL and got the extra dollar for passing the sort test...I don't think they do that anymore.

browntroll

talk to your shop steward. in my hub they took away the extra dollar after we switched to pal labels. they tried to
not give me the dollar also because i was hired a week before pal labels. i never tested but was trained to sort by zip code
then pal labels system kicked in following week. i had to file a grievance as adviced by shop steward but got my extra dollar and have had it since.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall
receive the preloader/sorter rates.
I've seen this and always been curious.... What the hell is high volume or low volume direct. I'm sure if it applied to me I'd know, but I'm just curious, sorry for the derail.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My post is right out of article 22 in the contract that we are still working under . The agreement makes no privisions for "pal" although management; who like to spin things may disagree. It you are presort you are entitled to the dollar.

Ups_nooe93

Well my steward wasn't in today..
But anyways I think I'm suppose to get paid $11.50 instead of $10.50..

$8.50 starting pay
$1 for working preload
$1 for 90 days
&
$1 for sort aisle????

Does that sound right?

HBGPreloader

Well my steward wasn't in today..
But anyways I think I'm suppose to get paid $11.50 instead of $10.50..

$8.50 starting pay
$1 for working preload
$1 for 90 days
&
$1 for sort aisle????

Does that sound right?
No. It's one or the other. But, not both.
You (should have) started at $9.50 because you are preload. Once you gain seniority, you get the extra dollar.
After one year of service, you get your next raise.
If you started on another shift, you would have been paid $8.50 to start.
Only if started in or moved to the sort isle on another shift, you would have received the extra $1 to make it $9.50. The extra dollar for gaining seniority would still apply, still making your wage $10.50.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:beersmiley:
time for a cold one
Sam-Adams-Summer-Ale2.gif

Got that right!

Box Ox

My experience as a post-PAL hire has been $8.50 to start + $1 raise at 90 days + $1 preload package car loader ("skilled") pay = $10.50 for the first year. Had to contact the HR coordinator to get that $1 loader bump though.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My experience as a post-PAL hire has been $8.50 to start + $1 raise at 90 days + $1 preload package car loader ("skilled") pay = $10.50 for the first year. Had to contact the HR coordinator to get that $1 loader bump though.
Any port in a storm although you should have used your steward.