Extra Dollar?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ups_nooe93, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Ups_nooe93

Ups_nooe93 New Member

I work in the preload sort aisle.. (4am-9am)
    I was wondering if I'm entitled to the extra dollar bonus. I was hired straight into the sort aisle and never took any type of sorting test.
    Although we sort by colors (which is on the pal label) and not by zip codes.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I don't believe so.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Check with the shop steward and do whatever you have to do to get that extra dollar. Every bit helps.

4. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

Here it is if your situation fits you are entitled to it:
    All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority afterAugust 1, 2008 will be paid according to the following wage sched-ules:
    Hourly Rate
    Preloader All
    Sorter
    Others
    Start
    $9.50
    $8.50
    Start plus ninety (90) calendar days
    $10.50
    $9.50
    Seniority plus one (1) year
    $11.00
    $10.00
    Seniority plus two (2) years
    $11.50
    $10.50
    Seniority plus three (3) years
    $12.00
    $11.00
    Seniority plus four (4) years
    $12.87
    $11.87
    Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall
    receive the preloader/sorter rates.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I believe all our new pre loaders lost the extra $1.00 when we went to the PAL system. Only the old timers kept their pre load pay. I don't agree with it as the contract clearly states that all who work the pre load will be paid the extra $1.00. Sounds as if it was a battle long lost.

6. bleedinbrown58

i believe you're correct. I started before PAL and got the extra dollar for passing the sort test...I don't think they do that anymore.

7. Ups_nooe93

Ups_nooe93 New Member

Thanks for the help.
    Well Ill talk to my steward tomorrow.. My current pay is $10.50 and I got hired 4 months ago

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are getting paid right. Look at Stewie's wage chart. Preload $10.50/hr after 90 calendar days.

9. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

talk to your shop steward. in my hub they took away the extra dollar after we switched to pal labels. they tried to
    not give me the dollar also because i was hired a week before pal labels. i never tested but was trained to sort by zip code
    then pal labels system kicked in following week. i had to file a grievance as adviced by shop steward but got my extra dollar and have had it since.

10. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I've seen this and always been curious.... What the hell is high volume or low volume direct. I'm sure if it applied to me I'd know, but I'm just curious, sorry for the derail.

11. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

My post is right out of article 22 in the contract that we are still working under . The agreement makes no privisions for "pal" although management; who like to spin things may disagree. It you are presort you are entitled to the dollar.

12. Ups_nooe93

Ups_nooe93 New Member

Well my steward wasn't in today..
    But anyways I think I'm suppose to get paid $11.50 instead of $10.50..

$8.50 starting pay
    $1 for working preload
    $1 for 90 days
    &
    $1 for sort aisle????

Does that sound right?

13. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

No. It's one or the other. But, not both.
    You (should have) started at $9.50 because you are preload. Once you gain seniority, you get the extra dollar.
    After one year of service, you get your next raise.
    If you started on another shift, you would have been paid $8.50 to start.
    Only if started in or moved to the sort isle on another shift, you would have received the extra $1 to make it $9.50. The extra dollar for gaining seniority would still apply, still making your wage $10.50.

14. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

$10.50 is correct amount for now.More money may come after the suppliments are settled which will be the 1st of Octember

15. bleedinbrown58

Is that the 42nd of Octember at 53 'o'clock?

16. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

:beersmiley:
    time for a cold one

17. bleedinbrown58

Sam-Adams-Summer-Ale2.gif
    Got that right!

18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

..or two?

19. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

My experience as a post-PAL hire has been $8.50 to start + $1 raise at 90 days + $1 preload package car loader ("skilled") pay = $10.50 for the first year. Had to contact the HR coordinator to get that $1 loader bump though.

20. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

Any port in a storm although you should have used your steward.