Extreme early Christmas shopping

upschuck

Since they are sub contractors, I doubt that it can be mandated that they turn off their vehicles. I am surprised it hadn't happened long before now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Seriously, you'd think they'd take their keys with them or at least turn off the truck...but I'm sure they'll continue leaving them running unattended.

Maple7

This is why FedEx drivers need to start turning their trucks off when not in them.

Yup, the other day I saw a FDX Ground guy at a mall that left his truck in the parking lot running. Who knows how long he was gone for. Not exactly a fast DR though. I know they don't have rules like us but you would think a little common sense would kick in. Makes a bad image for those fedex guys that do go out there and work hard, smart and safe.

JL 0513

Yeah, leaving your truck running is stupid.

With that said, regarding the difference in how we operate vs FedEx, I sometimes wonder how we compete with them. The rules we have to abide by slow us down considerably. FedEx drivers are able to do their jobs so casually it's amazing. I see them not only keep their truck running but I see them with headphones on, backing a million times a day, and so much more. Never mind that they are dressed much more comfortably. :)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What's the average hourly rate for a fedex driver?
review-burgers-8251_118513c.jpg

blackcircle

This is why FedEx drivers need to start turning their trucks off when not in them.

The FedEx Express guy on my route had a roll away and the truck took out part of a chain link fence, ramped up about 3 fence posts, and came to a rest barely denting the side of a metal building. The reason why? Parking brake failure.

The kicker was that the truck was an automatic.

FilingBluesFL

The FedEx Express guy on my route had a roll away and the truck took out part of a chain link fence, ramped up about 3 fence posts, and came to a rest barely denting the side of a metal building. The reason why? Parking brake failure.

The kicker was that the truck was an automatic.

Why do you think it's left running?

Leave it in D, yank on the hand brake, and GO GO GO! Get back in, and all ya gotta do is hammer down that hand brake!

Most of our sub contractors around here are Eastern Europeans...