Extremely light volume. Anyone concerned?

scisector9

We had unprecedented light volume today. So light that we cut more routes today than Monday. It was even mentioned at our pcm this is the lightest volume we have seen in a long time on a Friday. Told us to "work together and do the best we can."

I even talked to our DM who was in today and he said the Amazon post office volume mixed with the storm out east was the root of our problems.

I am curious if other buildings are having similar issues and what; if anything, any of you have heard. It makes me a bit worried that we have been asked the past two weeks if we would like to take a week off without pay.

I'm only a year and a half into my career driving for brown so I don't know if this is typical for this time of year or if there are other issues at play. How did we weather the recession? I have seniority on 12 plus drivers so I don't anticipate any sort of layoff but I am interested in the cycles of ups and what to expect moving forward.

Thanks and cheers!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Been about normal here except for rural routes. They have been extremely light.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
We had unprecedented light volume today. So light that we cut more routes today than Monday. It was even mentioned at our pcm this is the lightest volume we have seen in a long time on a Friday. Told us to "work together and do the best we can."

I even talked to our DM who was in today and he said the Amazon post office volume mixed with the storm out east was the root of our problems.

I am curious if other buildings are having similar issues and what; if anything, any of you have heard. It makes me a bit worried that we have been asked the past two weeks if we would like to take a week off without pay.

I'm only a year and a half into my career driving for brown so I don't know if this is typical for this time of year or if there are other issues at play. How did we weather the recession? I have seniority on 12 plus drivers so I don't anticipate any sort of layoff but I am interested in the cycles of ups and what to expect moving forward.

Thanks and cheers!
Could be from some on New England shutting down on Tuesday. Also it's usually light in January. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Volume was down the first part of the week due to Juno but was up the past few days. Drivers in the affected areas can expect a bump in volume from those snow-bound folks with little else to do but shop online.

(Local maternity wards should expect a bump in volume in 9 months. :))

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It usually slows now. Then a bump for valentines day. Lightens up till Easter. Then when the weather starts to warm up. The volume will be back to normal for the rest of the yr. Our volume is normal here. I am concerned about tho dim weight. I believe this may be a mistake

Notretiredyet

Just a reminder, you need one punch a week to keep your Teamcare benefits. Don't get screwed over this change in our benefit package that was sold as being as good as our old healthcare plan.

jaker

trolling
You sound like you are in the west and they have been saying all week we will be light Thursday and Friday

I didn't see the light volume on my route since I punched out at 7 on Thursday and 8 on Friday , but there rumors of it being light

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
DIM weight will put a dent in volume.
I agree to some extent which is why I'm amazed we hired so many perm full time drivers this summer.

Management kept saying after the new year big things were happening and it would all make sense. Well...... Waiting