Extremely light volume. Anyone concerned?

watdaflock?

I would not mind some light volume for a change. Seems whenever routes are cut, their packages end up on the cars I load.

Lighter we are as a center, the heavier the three PC's are I load.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They say the volume is down, so they cut routes. And drivers go out with 11 hour dispatches. And the weather has been horrible. Seems if I ran the place, I would send the drivers out with dispatches so they could finish, not bring back work, and do it day after day.

UPSGUY72

Peak volume here with no helpers the last two days I worked 11.5 and 10.5 hours days. I didn't even work that long during peak. Monday isn't going to be any better early start time.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I just truly do not understand the logic. Going out with as much or more as at peak, when forced to take a helper, when I had less commercial, and could have done it on my own.
Now they load us up with splits, with commercial off other routes, but the same amount of stops, then want to say it is a 8.8 dispatch. For instance, my truck was stuffed, and someone decided I needed 10 more resis, from a whole nother loop. The driver of that loop, said no way, she cant even move in that truck now. Those 10 stops will take me 30 minutes, will take her 20 minutes to get there. They listened to him, and they were pulled off. I didnt care, I would never get there anyway, they would just ride around another day.

Man Of Brown

Just a reminder, you need one punch a week to keep your Teamcare benefits. Don't get screwed over this change in our benefit package that was sold as being as good as our old healthcare plan.
I'm in the western conference. We have to have 40 hours in a month to have insurance for the next month. Full time at least. I think part time is one punch a week.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

I just truly do not understand the logic. Going out with as much or more as at peak, when forced to take a helper, when I had less commercial, and could have done it on my own.
Now they load us up with splits, with commercial off other routes, but the same amount of stops, then want to say it is a 8.8 dispatch. For instance, my truck was stuffed, and someone decided I needed 10 more resis, from a whole nother loop. The driver of that loop, said no way, she cant even move in that truck now. Those 10 stops will take me 30 minutes, will take her 20 minutes to get there. They listened to him, and they were pulled off. I didnt care, I would never get there anyway, they would just ride around another day.

They want to stuff my truck full and than think I'm going run trace in Orion when during peak we where told to turn it off. So that pretty much what I did $$$$$

The kicker is that when they call everyone back to the building they send out a message to sheet all remain packages as EC in Orion order.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's hilarious because there's one neighborhood in downtown here that's section 8. And I can recall having 6 new iPhones this past summer for a house down there.

Yet they need government assistance to live there and feed their kids

I've taken a few days off the last few weeks with no complaints, so I guess the volume is down a bit, but when I choose to work, the trailers are always ready to pull :D

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They want to stuff my truck full and than think I'm going run trace in Orion when during peak we where told to turn it off. So that pretty much what I did $$$$$

The kicker is that when they call everyone back to the building they send out a message to sheet all remain packages as EC in Orion order.
It really annoys me to EC packages. And then get a complaint as to why. My street was plowed, my walk was shoveled.......I do not like going through my load figuring who will get their stuff. The powers that be are not the ones who handle the disgruntled customer, when everyone could get their stuff if they quit playing this stupid game. Those people who make the calls in their so called "Ivory tower" They might need to learn to look at the weather channel.
We were told not to use EC as a dispatch tool. Then the tools that dispatch should dispatch us according to real world things like weather, not a 80 degree day in sunny Philadelphia.
Just send me an air meet, and let me get this stuff off. No No just ec and get in. Is that not using ec as a dispatch tool?

UPSGUY72

Are you sure about your numbers? If so, this would mean that you would have to work or take paid time off every day for 4 weeks straight, which I don't think is the case.

Not true some months have 23 working days in them which is 184 hours. So you could take 3 dead days that month and still make the 160.

I don't know how the hours are figured or how the month is broken down. But It probably runs like the pension hours credit hours due and according to my pension credit hours some months I have 200 hours witch means months are broken down into weeks not days so some months have 5 weeks. I only have a couple months under 160 and those where months that I took a lot of dead days.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It really annoys me to EC packages. And then get a complaint as to why. My street was plowed, my walk was shoveled.......I do not like going through my load figuring who will get their stuff. The powers that be are not the ones who handle the disgruntled customer, when everyone could get their stuff if they quit playing this stupid game. Those people who make the calls in their so called "Ivory tower" They might need to learn to look at the weather channel.
We were told not to use EC as a dispatch tool. Then the tools that dispatch should dispatch us according to real world things like weather, not a 80 degree day in sunny Philadelphia.
Just send me an air meet, and let me get this stuff off. No No just ec and get in. Is that not using ec as a dispatch tool?
They are making you falsify delivery records so that they can screw your customers out of getting a refund for the service that they paid for and didn't get.

I don't blame you for working as directed, but if it were me I would sheet them as "missed" and then get ready for the fireworks.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They are making you falsify delivery records so that they can screw your customers out of getting a refund for the service that they paid for and didn't get.

I don't blame you for working as directed, but if it were me I would sheet them as "missed" and then get ready for the fireworks.
Sober, we have had this discussion before-----is that really a battle worth waging?

Yes Dave, it is. Management would put your feet to the fire (well, maybe) if you falsified records. They should be held to the same standards (and not 'double', Photog).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On those rare occasions when I do have a misload on my car I will send it in through the misload screen. Most of the time they will either ask me to sheet it as "missed" or will ask me to leave it on area so that they can try to make service on it. Every once in a while they will ask me to sheet it using another exception code, such as NSS or NSN. I politely reply that I do not feel comfortable doing that and that if they want it done that way I will bring it back and they can sheet it themselves. The next message is usually to sheet it as "missed".

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
On those rare occasions when I do have a misload on my car I will send it in through the misload screen. Most of the time they will either ask me to sheet it as "missed" or will ask me to leave it on area so that they can try to make service on it. Every once in a while they will ask me to sheet it using another exception code, such as NSS or NSN. I politely reply that I do not feel comfortable doing that and that if they want it done that way I will bring it back and they can sheet it themselves. The next message is usually to sheet it as "missed".

No different than being 'directed' to use EC as a dispatch tool.