Facebook and YouTube has gone viral with UPSERs voices

smart girl

UPS wants social media..well they got it . YouTube has 804 post and Facebook is connecting us like never before. Does Hall have FB?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS wants social media..well they got it . YouTube has 804 post and Facebook is connecting us like never before. Does Hall have FB?

Be aware that UPS monitors Facebook and Twitter closely.

UPS does not monitor Brown Cafe normally since only UPSers come here.

​Just something you all should be aware of.

Can you explain? Why wouldn't they monitor a site where normally only upsers come. Is it because they are worried about general public perception??

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They have tried to discipline kids at our hub because of calling sick out then seeing them tagged in a pic at some bar. Also the teamsters have a Facebook page.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Can you explain? Why wouldn't they monitor a site where normally only upsers come. Is it because they are worried about general public perception??

UPS cares what the public thinks and so they monitor public social networks. Its a PR and customer service concern.

UPS does not care about Browncafe "normally" since only UPSers come here.
HR may monitor when changes are announced.
I used the word "normally" because I would be willing to bet a load that the Labor and Contract negotiations group at UPS (and the Teamsters too) are monitoring this site in the last couple of months. But only in the Union Forum since that is where all the contract threads are.

​All the goober stuff, unfounded speculations, etc. posted here will make it easy for the Teamsters and UPS to debunk and put the spin on employee concerns.

UPS cares what the public thinks and so they monitor public social networks. Its a PR and customer service concern.

UPS does not care about Browncafe "normally" since only UPSers come here.
HR may monitor when changes are announced.
I used the word "normally" because I would be willing to bet a load that the Labor and Contract negotiations group at UPS (and the Teamsters too) are monitoring this site in the last couple of months. But only in the Union Forum since that is where all the contract threads are.

​All the goober stuff, unfounded speculations, etc. posted here will make it easy for the Teamsters and UPS to debunk and put the spin all employee concerns.
Thanks

SouthernComfort

They can monitor as close as they want, they cant use it to discipline you. Harassment, yes.... but will that really ever change? Some days I feel I get harassed because my management team knows Ive got a blonde hair, blue eyed, tan skin, smoking hot woman with a Masters Degree... They think I "tricked her" or some crap, just because one of my own roads thinks Im a dick doesnt mean I treat her anything less than a queen. Best example to date was when we got engaged, of course she had pics on her FB and somehow I was the talk of the HUB about how ridiculous her ring was...I kept getting the "Arent you glad you work 10hrs a day so you could afford that big fat rock".... I feel this is harassment, but what can you do? Pick up a 12lb boulder and bring it in to your dispatcher and set it on their desk so they wont be jealous??

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Here's what I love about the FB and twitter pages. We take DIAD training about not getting involved in emergency situations, for our safety and the general public's (but really just to avoid being sued). Every time some driver belly crawls across a frozen pond to save a trapped dog or dives into a raging river and saves a school bus full of kindergarteners, they plaster it all over social media. "Look at OUR very own hero in brown! Joe Schmoe from BFE, Indiana!" Milking the PR for all it's worth. If those situations had turned out to be tragedies, they'd be doing all they could to keep it quiet. Furthermore, our hero, Joe would most likely be searching for a new employer. Meanwhile, Annee, Seini and the gang at social media strategies would be "hard at work" playing on the Internet all day and earning a decent living.

And Hoax calls us the greedy ones...lmfao

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here's what I love about the FB and twitter pages. We take DIAD training about not getting involved in emergency situations, for our safety and the general public's (but really just to avoid being sued). Every time some driver belly crawls across a frozen pond to save a trapped dog or dives into a raging river and saves a school bus full of kindergarteners, they plaster it all over social media. "Look at OUR very own hero in brown! Joe Schmoe from BFE, Indiana!" Milking the PR for all it's worth. If those situations had turned out to be tragedies, they'd be doing all they could to keep it quiet. Furthermore, our hero, Joe would most likely be searching for a new employer. Meanwhile, Annee, Seini and the gang at social media strategies would be "hard at work" playing on the Internet all day and earning a decent living.

And Hoax calls us the greedy ones...lmfao

Almost everyone is greedy ... it's just how one desires to position it.

The only person that is never greedy is "ME" (generic ME).

Overpaid Union Thug

They have tried to discipline kids at our hub because of calling sick out then seeing them tagged in a pic at some bar. Also the teamsters have a Facebook page.

I am banned from commenting on the Teamsters facebook page. LOL! It's lame because all I did was point out the hypocrisy of some of their posts and among the comments that were made about them. I was banned for that. Meanwhile.....others get to continue say things that would normally get them banned anywhere else. For the most part I supported much of what was on their but once in a while it was a bit radical. I mean it seems like a republican bashing page at times instead of labor related.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Please provide links.

A google search of Youtube and on youtube returned zero videos within the last 11 months.

I found 2 Facebook pages - one with 21 likes and one with 104 likes.

With your ability to spot viral outbreaks well before they happen, you should look into that as a field of business.
Companies pay big money for this type of insight.

undies

That page barely has 1,000 members so far...hardly enough to make a difference in the vote. It is a start though...

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
It's a TDU fan page at best. I'm not thrilled with this TA, in fact in my personal opinion, it has "UPS Wins" written all over it. So my vote will be "no", but my heart will be with International. I guess you could say I'm a "Dance with the that brought you" kinda guy.