facebook fan of browncafe

sosocal

Just signed up as a fan of Browncafe on Facebook - as I looked at the other fans on Facebook I couln't help but to think to myslef..."that's got to be (fill in Browncafe celebrities here)"...I'm pretty sure I hit about a 97 percent accuracy level...but who knows....WOW, I just pictured some of you totally differently....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just signed up as a fan of Browncafe on Facebook - as I looked at the other fans on Facebook I couln't help but to think to myslef..."that's got to be (fill in Browncafe celebrities here)"...I'm pretty sure I hit about a 97 percent accuracy level...but who knows....WOW, I just pictured some of you totally differently....

I'm even better looking than you imagined?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
2451 fans and counting -

I was surprised how fast the Facebook "Brown Cafe-UPS info for UPSers" group grew when Cheryl started it. It would be interesting to be able to put faces on BC members. Too bad it can't be done, although a few of us keep in touch through FB.

Last edited:

upsgrunt

Someday I will get the nerve to expose my identity on here like you Scratch-just not sure when. I've really got nothing to hide, like you, but can't seem to pull the trigger.
One of these days.
Steve

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
upsgrunt,

You don't expose your personal information to just anybody on Facebook, only the people you allow to be "Friends" with. I have been able to hook up with people I grew up with as a child on Facebook, its interesting to see how people have turned out and what they look like now. I am also able to keep up with what my sons, neices, nephews, and other relatives are doing.

As far as the Brown Cafe goes, I have only been approached by one person at work, and he is a Brown Cafe member and drives in the same city as I do.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
Someday I will get the nerve to expose my identity on here like you Scratch-just not sure when. I've really got nothing to hide, like you, but can't seem to pull the trigger.
One of these days.
Steve
We know who you are and what you eat...lol
Man,unless you stug yourself,there is no way that Scott Davis
wants your ass

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I would tell you who I really am but I already have enough trouble with autograph hounds and paparatzi

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I kept getting invites to join facebook, so I finally took the plunge and signed up. I quickly realized that it was going to be a serious timesuck, and considering that I already waste waaay too much time on the intra-web as it is, I canceled my account. Lasted about a week.

over9five

Staff member
I kept getting invites to join facebook, so I finally took the plunge and signed up. I quickly realized that it was going to be a serious timesuck, and considering that I already waste waaay too much time on the intra-web as it is, I canceled my account. Lasted about a week.

That's my concern exactly!

over9five

Staff member
One of these days.
Steve

I'm with you, but people are starting to know me anyhow. I've posted many times where I work and what I do. If you've read enough, it's not hard to figure out who I am. People have even yelled, "Hey Over!" which kinda makes me cringe....

P

pickup

upsgrunt,

You don't expose your personal information to just anybody on Facebook, only the people you allow to be "Friends" with.

That is mostly true, scratch but there is an opening for people to view the contents of your facebook page without them being your friends.

It seems the default privacy setting is that people in the same local network can view pages of the people in the same local network. My brother got a lot of information on a guy he is having legal issues with. The guy claimed my brother injured him and is suing him. The guy is walking around in a neck brace and claims to be able to do nothing. But meanwhile on his facebook page this same man is talking about and videotaping his drumming sessions at festivals (he ain't wearing the neckbrace in the video) . My brother passed this info to his lawyer and they nailed him at the latest deposition.

tarbar66

I was under the assumption that FaceBook and MySpace were for the kids in school or under 30 somethings.

My daughter, age 37 got my wife on FaceBook and before long my wife told her to register myself, she was tired of me posting on her account.

We do share some common friends but it has been a great way to connect with some old friends that we worked with years ago and we no longer see.

She ends up tending her Farm on FB quite a bit so yes you can spend a lot of time on there.

I guess it equals my time here on BC, Nascar and local message boards.