Facebook

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah, that's it. Because we all know how UPS looks out for us. As I have said too many times, I do not care what they think. I don't need to protect me from me. I am a liar and nuts. Nice.

steward71

Could it be that UPS has established social media guidelines to protect us from ourselves?

Yes UPS may want to be very careful at this point about this. Cases from other company's have been heard in the court system about people posting on blogs and the company's have let people go over it. The NLRB at this point has stated they agree with employee's right to post on blogs about a company or about a super sup. Just go to the web site and see for yourself. They have sited many cases in the 12 months about this very issue, I do think if I recall right they even stated about a case in the FED system. The case was about a perosn who was let go at her job for posting something about her sup and many employees saw the post and blog back, she was let go and she sued and won back pay and her job back. This has caused many company's to re-state the policy about blogs. There was a major law firm stated that many company don't keep up with rulings and never change such policy's to fit the ruling and don't do it until they have gone down that road. Just saying I could be wrong.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No Facebook for me so far. I have enough people annoying me in my life. I have 2 heading off to college next month so I may have to at least sign up to keep an eye on them.

raceanoncr

And, since I have deactivated my account again, I cant/won't post anything on Facebook. I don't twitter, either. I am not going to start either one, again, just to prove to Hoax that I really don't care what they think about what I say. Considering I have said more to their faces than most say behind their backs, I doubt they would be surprised about anything I have said here. And, I have been pretty fair about bashing union and management. I bash both equally. If I could post names to push a particular managers buttons, I would gladly. And, I would relish every moment of being questioned about it, too. I would get more joy out of that than anyone here could imagine.

Uh, would you be my friend on Facebook?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My life is so non interesting, that yes I am friends with some customers on FB. Since I dont have time to chat when there and rarely if ever get together, we share pics of our dogs, our families, recipes, coupons, some real non threatening stuff. If I didnt have email, fb, and bc, I would be friendless. And none of these friends have ever asked me to help them move coz I have a truck. but I have offered. None of them ask me to go to have coffee, when I have no time for such dalliance. None of them give me advice about my clothes hair, etc, although I could use some help:surprised:. So for me it works. so far.

raceanoncr

My life is so non interesting, that yes I am friends with some customers on FB. Since I dont have time to chat when there and rarely if ever get together, we share pics of our dogs, our families, recipes, coupons, some real non threatening stuff. If I didnt have email, fb, and bc, I would be friendless. And none of these friends have ever asked me to help them move coz I have a truck. but I have offered. None of them ask me to go to have coffee, when I have no time for such dalliance. None of them give me advice about my clothes hair, etc, although I could use some help:surprised:. So for me it works. so far.

Uh, toon, would you be my friend on Facebook too? Sounds like you NEED it!

iamupser

Grease Monkey
While UPS does not monitor Brown Cafe...

Maybe they left you out of that meeting, it is a big company and all. Like someone else posted, maybe not OFFICIALLY but this site is often the "referrer" site for UPS servers.

This is the largest UPSers forum on the internet, it would be foolish think it wasn't monitored either by bot or human from UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe they left you out of that meeting, it is a big company and all. Like someone else posted, maybe not OFFICIALLY but this site is often the "referrer" site for UPS servers.

This is the largest UPSers forum on the internet, it would be foolish think it wasn't monitored either by bot or human from UPS. Just look at the 3rd Highlight down:

Actually, I was in a couple of those meetings and we discussed FB and Twitter and I asked about Brown Cafe. I was told point blank that the people who are assigned to monitor the Internet do not monitor BC. Believe it or not, the Brand group does not care what we post here on BC.

There are many UPSers that access BC using UPS PCs. I am not one of those.
All management people and non-management people have to "read" and sign a "Use of Technology" that states that they are to use UPS Technology resources for work and not personal use. Accessing Brown Cafe is considered personal use.
These people who assess BC from UPS are not being very smart. At some point in the future, this may be used against them.

Like I said earlier, "Don't poke the bear." or maybe these days "Don't mess with Sasquatch."

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Actually, I was in a couple of those meetings and we discussed FB and Twitter and I asked about Brown Cafe. I was told point blank that the people who are assigned to monitor the Internet do not monitor BC. Believe it or not, the Brand group does not care what we post here on BC.

There are many UPSers that access BC using UPS PCs. I am not one of those.
All management people and non-management people have to "read" and sign a "Use of Technology" that states that they are to use UPS Technology resources for work and not personal use. Accessing Brown Cafe is considered personal use.
These people who assess BC from UPS are not being very smart. At some point in the future, this may be used against them.

Like I said earlier, "Don't poke the bear." or maybe these days "Don't mess with Sasquatch."

Now you're catching on!