Facebook

Cementups

Box Monkey
I am a very active Facebook user and am pretty well known for wearing my heart on my sleeve. I have had a random negative thought or three on FB about UPS but nothing that isn't the truth.
And I also have many a customer as friends on my FB account. I only have a few seconds with some customers each day and I think it lets them see who I really am and not just that brown guy that drops their stuff at the door and says "you're welcome" as I'm walking back to my package car.

DS

Fenderbender
I think of facebook as ..........equivalent to stripping in public.
Ha...very descriptive,,,,why does everyone have to know everything about you on some website?
I am slow to jump on any bandwagon.An "I" pad is still a dishcloth with ice in it in my world.
It will never end.Young-uns will always be the ones to embrace technology,and that's fine,and
who knows,maybe when I'm retired it may come in handy.For now,no tweet from me.
The BC is all I need for now.

old levi's

blank space
They do monitor Brown Cafe. Perhaps not officially, but there are people out there watching what we say, printing it out, and emailing it around. Trust me, this I do know.

I'm not big on how IP stuff works, but they certainly know the IP of anyone who's registered on UPSers.com.

You have Facebook? Well now they have your picture too. If there's a way to connect the IP that they know with Facebook or BC, then they know you.

Just sayin..... You all think you're anonymous, but you're not. You start getting your post count up, people start to recognize you. That funny name and cute avatar won't hide you for long.

Watch what you say.

I'm whispering, and looking over my shoulder while I type this. Damn spies. For secrecy the remainder of this message is printed in buff brown.

W

westsideworma

Personally, I keep my Facebook private as in only friends can see my info for the very reason I don't want UPS poking its nose in my business outside of work, because quite frankly what I do out of work IS none of their damn business.

If I have a bad day at work and I feel the need to say so on my Facebook its my god given right whether UPS thinks so or not. If UPS doesn't want such things appearing on social sites maybe they should try and fix it instead of making it worse (I don't mean fix my day, I mean everyones in general). People wouldn't be saying such things if they weren't happening. As far as that goes, I don't say anything damaging to the company or anyone who works for it when I do actually post about my day, usually its like "wow that sucked", "here we go again" or "surprisingly good day at work"....no different from anyone else who works anywhere else and if I worked somewhere else I'd probably do the same. Why should any of that matter to UPS?

However I do agree with punishing those who do it on company equipment on company time. Personally I think you're plain moronic if you do such things, its UPS' stuff they control it and if you do something you shouldn't I've got no sympathy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was getting my hair cut (on the clock) while waiting to make a drop box pickup in the mall today. My stylist and the stylist and customer next to her were all talking facebook. I was saying to myself that I was so glad that I am too old to facebook.

What ever happened to the art of coversation?

W

westsideworma

we pay people to monitor twitter and Facebook? well theres some cash we're just throwing away right there. Shouldn't they be fired for social networking on company time and equipment? :wink2: What are the qualifications for such an easy job?

Even though my profile is private I removed all trace of UPS from it as well, thanks for the advice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we pay people to monitor twitter and Facebook? well theres some cash we're just throwing away right there. Shouldn't they be fired for social networking on company time and equipment? :wink2: What are the qualifications for such an easy job?

Even though my profile is private I removed all trace of UPS from it as well, thanks for the advice.

Would you want to spend 8 hours a day staring at a computer screen?

W

westsideworma

well they get to play on Facebook all day, they're probably all farmville pros lol

in all honesty, no I would not like the job, I was actually curious on what the qualifications really were.

klein

Für Meno :)
I was getting my hair cut (on the clock) while waiting to make a drop box pickup in the mall today. My stylist and the stylist and customer next to her were all talking facebook. I was saying to myself that I was so glad that I am too old to facebook.

What ever happened to the art of coversation?

Too old for facebook ?
My aunt is 85 years old and is on facebook !

It's good to share pics and info with your closest friends and family.

I was getting my hair cut (on the clock) while waiting to make a drop box pickup in the mall today. My stylist and the stylist and customer next to her were all talking facebook. I was saying to myself that I was so glad that I am too old to facebook.What ever happened to the art of coversation?
You apparently lost it because it seems like a big amount of your adult conversation is spent negative reping new posters on this site. I think you enjoy scaring them away with your red. I hand out a lot of rep and it seems like half of it goes too newbies who you have hit and tried too scare away.