Facebook

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
We are the face of the company though. The general public has no idea how our system works.

We once had a pick up account tell a driver. I guess we won't see you for a few days. Because they were shipping a package to Alaska.
True story, I saw that driver on ice road truckers

whiskers

So many "driver did not knock" comments. I had to restrain myself from commenting... But there are a few funny posts.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So many "driver did not knock" comments. I had to restrain myself from commenting... But there are a few funny posts.

I've had a few "complaints" that I hadn't knocked and my OMS told them, 'I know that can't be because this driver is religiously obnoxious when he knocks on the door and rings the bell if he needs a signature.' And it's true. If I'm there, trust me, you know I'm there. :D

Mack Grant

Grab some popcorn and head over to the UPS facebook page. It's pretty entertaining. About 60% requests for status updates on packages, 30% UPS sucks and 10% people defending us. The surprising part is how many posts are getting deleted by the "social media" team.
Firstly, someone who posts on UPS Facebook inquiring about the status of a package, just...lol.
Second, UPS has a Facebook page? And what type of vermin must inhabit it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've had a few "complaints" that I hadn't knocked and my OMS told them, 'I know that can't be because this driver is religiously obnoxious when he knocks on the door and rings the bell if he needs a signature.' And it's true. If I'm there, trust me, you know I'm there. :D

Why would a driver go to all the trouble of filling out and leaving an info notice and not bother knocking on the door? I knock loud enough to where I have had customers ask if I am the police and others tell me I scared the :censored2: out of them.

I do admit to doing the stealth drop and run when the pkg is in less than pristine condition.

We have been dealing with the aftermath of a significant ice storm here and I have been getting a lot of practice "tossing" packages close to the front door.

oldngray

nowhere special
The driver is the face of the company, so fair or not, drivers get the most all the credit, and most all the blame.

True but it does suck to have to listen to people complaining to you over issues that aren't your fault and beyond your control.

upschuck

True but it does suck to have to listen to people complaining to you over issues that aren't your fault and beyond your control.
Yeah, but we can't have the gorgeous model in lingerie come to the door at every house too. Take the good with the bad. All in a days work. Amazing how many times that people don't get their package and scream bloody murder one day, give it to them the next and they are your best bud and apologizing for previous day.

TUT

Firstly, someone who posts on UPS Facebook inquiring about the status of a package, just...lol.
Second, UPS has a Facebook page? And what type of vermin must inhabit it?

The one that gets me is "I called and got no answer, repeatedly, over days". To me they have to have the wrong number, I have never seen that. Perhaps a momentary glitch, but you just go into a que and wait in line like the rest. What's new here? So when you see lies, you have to really question what is going on.

upschuck

The one that gets me is "I called and got no answer, repeatedly, over days". To me they have to have the wrong number, I have never seen that.

Our building has a trunk line. All outgoing calls give the same phone number on Caller ID. If they try and call it back, all they get is a ringing phone, no one at the other end. Maybe that is what they were calling.