-FAIL - Florida Gov. Rick Scott drug testing welfare applicants -FAIL-

wkmac

Absolutely! That should be implemented nation wide as government assistance should not be viewed as a way of life, but a means to keep food in someone's stomach and a roof over their head until they can do so on their own. If you encourage them to stay in the system as it is setup now they stay and try to figure out how to get yet more money from it. They attempt to vote in politicans sympathetic to their cause, and figure out what the system needs to see in order to pay out more money. In some inner city neighborhoods the amount of money the government sends you is a sign of success and that just isn't a sustainable way for government assistance to continue.

OK Brett, full disclosure before we move forward with our plan. Let's go back to my original quote and I'll highlight a very important word that more people over look but it has very important repercussions.

I'll go you one further Brett. Any person who obtains welfare, subsidy, taxpayer assistance, tax credit, income credit or any other gov't privilege that comes at taxpayer expense should have to take a monthly drug test at the expense of the recipient. Even if the drug test comes back negative, no reimbursement, it's just a cost of getting the dollars from taxpayers via gov't. And since you brought up voting, these same people on the taxpayer nickle, should not be allowed to vote or have any say in gov't policy or direction. They can't even write a letter or in any way lobby or advocate gov't for more bennies!

Definition of person: 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the rights and obligations of a person.

In fact Brett, I'm using the same definition of person the IRS uses in Title 26, Subtitle friend, Chapter 79, Section 7701.

That's right Brett, corporations under the law are persons too. This is also the standing in which SCOTUS stood to also say that corporations are persons in the same manner as a human being and has the same rights. It's only a matter of time IMO that the law will understand that a corporation has the right to vote and some mechanism will be created to achieve that end. Also when you look at welfare, as much as you want to wipe up on the lower class welfare, it's the upper class welfare that is of the far more costly and much of that kind of welfare is use to subvert and suppress the free market and it's competition. If market suppression was not a factor, the pressures on the lower class that exist on market creativity would not be there and thus the wide spread lack of capital (there would be no monopoly on capital) would be far greater if at all and people's ideas and labor could easily lift them out of poverty. The justification of the hue and cry for lower class public welfare would begin to vanish like a fart in the wind!

Maybe some of this might be food for thought.

34 Pieces of Evidence That Prove That the Middle Class in America Is Rapidly Shrinking

And for the record I stand behind the comments above completely because I want to scrape any and all forms of welfare, subsidy, tax credits, income credits or any other form of gov't benefits any of us receive beyond what our own person taxes don;t pay for. So what I'm suggesting may very likely effect every man, woman and child in this country so before you jump and agree, make sure you understand that we may all be taking that drug test, none of us might be voting or enjoying those cherished privileges of citizenship.

klein

Für Meno :)
Brett wants to make the USA worse then Nazi Germany the sounds of it. Full dictatorship and police state.
Not allowed to vote ? Take their car away or make them sell it ? Don't even need to do that when declaring bankruptcy !

And where does it stop ? Next is people receiving SS and Medicare/aid ?
People with subsidized Obamacare undergo drug testing, too - and also can't vote ?

Then the private sector will join the government, and everyone insured collecting disabilty payments would be subject to the same.
Or if you call in sick you'll need alcohol and drug testing done to get paid for the day, making sure the person is just not hungover from over drinking or doing drugs ?
Is that Brett's USA for tomorrow ? :sick:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klein loses this one.........he used his Nazi card.
It is a widely known fact that when anyone throws down the nazi card it means that they no longer has anything useful to discuss with .

wkmac

Brett wants to make the USA worse then Nazi Germany the sounds of it. Full dictatorship and police state.
Not allowed to vote ? Take their car away or make them sell it ? Don't even need to do that when declaring bankruptcy !

And where does it stop ? Next is people receiving SS and Medicare/aid ?
People with subsidized Obamacare undergo drug testing, too - and also can't vote ?

Then the private sector will join the government, and everyone insured collecting disabilty payments would be subject to the same.
Or if you call in sick you'll need alcohol and drug testing done to get paid for the day, making sure the person is just not hungover from over drinking or doing drugs ?
Is that Brett's USA for tomorrow ? :sick:

Klein,

Before you jump the gun and judge Brett, I'm the one in effect advocating that every "person" in America be drug tested and I'm the one advocating that every "person" in America be denied the right to vote and otherwise lobby government in any way on their behalf. So why is Brett a Nazi and I am not?

The fact is from an economic and even political POV, this is more in line with Fascism and if I took your own personal beliefs and ideas, we sat down going over them point by point while comparing them to the Doctrine of Fascism, you might be surprised at how much of a little fascist you are and you just never realized it.

wkmac

It is a widely known fact that when anyone throws down the nazi card it means that they no longer has anything useful to discuss with .

I also felt the same for people who just post cartoons or compare someone to bull excrement. I'm thinking of a mother and son as I write this!

:happy-very:

klein

Für Meno :)
wkmac, I agree, in certain ways and opinions, I am a little facist.
For example after 9/11, I would have stopped all immigration from the middle-east , period ! Call it National security messures.
And even now, in this time of high unemployment stop or at least minimize immigration, and only let those in with a profession that is needed.

Welfare mommies, that seems to be a problem here - some just having more kids to get more welfare.
Single men, they don't get a dime here. (unless critical ill, unable to work, etc).

But, honestly, I also don't want a city like the US does. We don't have slums or ghettos here where the very poor reside.
And actually the city has a goal to have a home for all the homeless people here by 2015??? or sooner. (I believe).

In a certain way, I also believe National Daycare might be good to have - they have it in Quebec, and also the nothern European countries.
That allows those "welfare mommies" to go to work.

I really don't believe a Nation should consist out of a few very rich people, then the rich, and the poor.
I don't believe in the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer.
For me that's a huge step backwards and like the old monarchies in middle age Europe or even the time before the industrial revolution.

To have a great country to be proud of, everyone should be able to live atleast some decent little life. And that's a fact.

wkmac

wkmac, I agree, in certain ways and opinions, I am a little facist.
For example after 9/11, I would have stopped all immigration from the middle-east , period ! Call it National security messures.
And even now, in this time of high unemployment stop or at least minimize immigration, and only let those in with a profession that is needed.

Welfare mommies, that seems to be a problem here - some just having more kids to get more welfare.
Single men, they don't get a dime here. (unless critical ill, unable to work, etc).

But, honestly, I also don't want a city like the US does. We don't have slums or ghettos here where the very poor reside.
And actually the city has a goal to have a home for all the homeless people here by 2015??? or sooner. (I believe).

In a certain way, I also believe National Daycare might be good to have - they have it in Quebec, and also the nothern European countries.
That allows those "welfare mommies" to go to work.

I really don't believe a Nation should consist out of a few very rich people, then the rich, and the poor.
For me that's a huge step backwards and like the old monarchies in middle age Europe or even the time before the industrial revolution.

To have a great country to be proud of, everyone should be able to live atleast some decent little life. And that's a fact.

Well if we are going to talk class struggle and class analysis, I'll throw in Anthony Gregory's piece at The American Conservative entitled "Marx Tea Party" in which Anthony (research fellow at The Independent Institute) discusses some history of class analysis and how it's been abandoned in many respects by the folks who first raised the issue to begin with.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Scott's mandatory drug testing of welfare recipients is quite authoritarian and facist in nature.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I know some hub workers that want into the feeder department, but choose not to go in simply because they would have to subject themselves to a drug test and they do not want that kind of attention so they pass on any opportunities to go into feeders.

That is really sad...ummm lets see...what is more important...Smoke weed or make more money and advance myself...hmmm, i will choose weed. Sad.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is really sad...ummm lets see...what is more important...Smoke weed or make more money and advance myself...hmmm, i will choose weed. Sad.
I don't condone drug use, but I also don't condone making life decisions based upon money. You are acting as though everyone who turns down a job that involves drug testing, turn it down because they would fail the drug test. That is not the truth, but it sure sounds good when you make a generic and dumbed down argument.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I also felt the same for people who just post cartoons or compare someone to bull excrement. I'm thinking of a mother and son as I write this!

:happy-very:

A person who thinks their shiat dont stink and cuts and pastes whole novels that no one reads., oh and the same person complains about our govt but does nothing about it but...complains. Oh i forgot....just dont vote...that will work. Bahhhahhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

You and your sister TOS are really 2 peas.
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
................" I would have stopped all immigration from the middle-east , period .........." (Klein)

When I mention closing the borders to someone, I'm an intolerant bigot and racist.......but you say the exact same thing and it's OK?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"............I also believe National Daycare might be good to have............." (Klein)

Yeah, we had some of that daycare here........and they just discovered many of the babysittiers had child sexual abuse charges against them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"....................I really don't believe a Nation should consist out of a few very rich people, then the rich, and the poor.
For me that's a huge step backwards and like the old monarchies in middle age Europe or even the time before the industrial revolution........." (Klein)

And that's why no one has any ambition or incentive to do any better than just so-so in Canada. Sounds pretty boring to me. I guess, 'believe and you can achieve' is just some words in a book where you live, eh, Dull Dudley?