Failed driving test

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jesus_saves, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jesus_saves

jesus_saves New Member

I recently took the driving test that would get me into the ups drivers class. Since I failed the test I now have to wait a year until I can take it again. Is this right? Hr told me this. Thanks in advance.
  2. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

In my area you get 3 chances per year if you fail a driving test you have to wait 30 days before getting another chance.
  3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Sounds like a regional thing. Here it is a year if you wash out at probation. Not sure how long if you fail the initial driving test.
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Thinking some more, it is possible that you did so poorly, they are saying 1 year with the hope that you will look for other FT work. We have a guy in my center that will never go driving. He has taken the driving test twice. The 2nd time, he did not make it out of the parking lot.
  5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

You can't drive without eyes lol
  6. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

In my area the current rule is if you fail the pre-hire road test you have to wair a year. I think it used to be 30 days.
  7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me. Did you ask your one of your shop stewards ????? The Sup that gave me my driving test said he has failed people before they ever go out of the parking lot numerous times.

Why did you Fail ??? Was it because you can't shift ? or you rolled back when starting on a hill ? or was it that the Sup didn't feel that you are able to control the vehicle ???
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Man lucky I didn't fail. I missed a gear when starting a turn. The sup was screaming get it in gear. Yeah that helped lol. Prob wouldn't of got far since I had my driving test in a bulk van or hog or whatever else some places call it.

I drive a stick everyday day and still grind a gear from time to time at work. Every vehicle is different. I can't believe they would fail someone for grinding once or twice.
  9. Funfact

Some people just can't drive or can't drive stick at all.

Maybe the OP could enlighten us to why they failed
  10. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

In my area the road tests used to be completely subjective and the sup giving it could fail you for whatever reason he wanted. Now they have to use a score sheet where you start off passing and there are check offs for lots of things. Each item has an associated # of points and you have to not lose a certain number of points to pass. It used to be if you rolled back, stalled or spilled the sup's coffee you would fail...
  11. Funfact

They still are no matter whether they have a sore sheet or not. Just like you yearly safety ride is and anything else that they watch you do is... the only things that aren't subjective are the thing that you do with the diad and the thing telematics says.
  12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I recently discovered you can shift gears without using the clutch. It's a little noisy but works.
  13. serenity now

serenity now Guest

not noisy if you do it right
  14. Indecisi0n

I sort of like the sound.
  15. serenity now

serenity now Guest

then, by all means, do what you gotta do
  16. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I just hope for his sake that his mechanic isn't reading this.
  17. pretender

pretender Active Member

18. jaker

jaker trolling

I used to love doing that in the older 700's , but now I will never give up my auto
  19. Funfact

It's easier to just push the clutch in like normal people do....
  20. Indecisi0n

Helps break up the monotony of the job.