Failed driving test

jesus_saves

I recently took the driving test that would get me into the ups drivers class. Since I failed the test I now have to wait a year until I can take it again. Is this right? Hr told me this. Thanks in advance.

barnyard

KTM rider
Sounds like a regional thing. Here it is a year if you wash out at probation. Not sure how long if you fail the initial driving test.

barnyard

KTM rider
Thinking some more, it is possible that you did so poorly, they are saying 1 year with the hope that you will look for other FT work. We have a guy in my center that will never go driving. He has taken the driving test twice. The 2nd time, he did not make it out of the parking lot.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In my area the current rule is if you fail the pre-hire road test you have to wair a year. I think it used to be 30 days.

UPSGUY72

I recently took the driving test that would get me into the ups drivers class. Since I failed the test I now have to wait a year until I can take it again. Is this right? Hr told me this. Thanks in advance.

Sounds right to me. Did you ask your one of your shop stewards ????? The Sup that gave me my driving test said he has failed people before they ever go out of the parking lot numerous times.

Why did you Fail ??? Was it because you can't shift ? or you rolled back when starting on a hill ? or was it that the Sup didn't feel that you are able to control the vehicle ???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds right to me. Did you ask your one of your shop stewards ????? The Sup that gave me my driving test said he has failed people before they ever go out of the parking lot numerous times.

Why did you Fail ??? Was it because you can't shift ? or you rolled back when starting on a hill ? or was it that the Sup didn't feel that you are able to control the vehicle ???

Man lucky I didn't fail. I missed a gear when starting a turn. The sup was screaming get it in gear. Yeah that helped lol. Prob wouldn't of got far since I had my driving test in a bulk van or hog or whatever else some places call it.

I drive a stick everyday day and still grind a gear from time to time at work. Every vehicle is different. I can't believe they would fail someone for grinding once or twice.

UPSGUY72

Man lucky I didn't fail. I missed a gear when starting a turn. The sup was screaming get it in gear. Yeah that helped lol. Prob wouldn't of got far since I had my driving test in a bulk van or hog or whatever else some places call it.

I drive a stick everyday day and still grind a gear from time to time at work. Every vehicle is different. I can't believe they would fail someone for grinding once or twice.

Some people just can't drive or can't drive stick at all.

Maybe the OP could enlighten us to why they failed

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In my area the road tests used to be completely subjective and the sup giving it could fail you for whatever reason he wanted. Now they have to use a score sheet where you start off passing and there are check offs for lots of things. Each item has an associated # of points and you have to not lose a certain number of points to pass. It used to be if you rolled back, stalled or spilled the sup's coffee you would fail...

UPSGUY72

In my area the road tests used to be completely subjective and the sup giving it could fail you for whatever reason he wanted. Now they have to use a score sheet where you start off passing and there are check offs for lots of things. Each item has an associated # of points and you have to not lose a certain number of points to pass. It used to be if you rolled back, stalled or spilled the sup's coffee you would fail...

They still are no matter whether they have a sore sheet or not. Just like you yearly safety ride is and anything else that they watch you do is... the only things that aren't subjective are the thing that you do with the diad and the thing telematics says.