"failed" plan, easy money

laffter

We had a preload sort going on this Saturday morning. We were there for a solid 8 hours. A lot of people who signed their names to come in today did not show. As a result, the primary was understaffed. They were short on people to scan at the unload, so they had people scanning who were not as fast as the regulars. This resulted in a pathetic package flow. Overall, I feel like very little was accomplished. Many of the package cars are sitting with little on them. Some of us, including myself, are coming in Sunday at 5am. Drivers will be arriving around 9am to deliver residentials and some retail businesses including the malls. I don't feel very optimistic.

I know they're trying to catch up on our backlog of trailers sitting out in the yard... but they really should have put some more effort into staffing the operation.

16tons

Drivers going out Sunday, but not Saturday?!? I hope your not in Dallas, cause my supervisor got sent down and needs to be del sat, sun, mon, and tues. (losing a few lbs would be good for him).

laffter

Drivers going out Sunday, but not Saturday?!? I hope your not in Dallas, cause my supervisor got sent down and needs to be del sat, sun, mon, and tues. (losing a few lbs would be good for him).

No, I'm a state above.

We did do Saturday air today like always.

They tried delivering Ground last Saturday and it failed even more miserably than what's going on right now. I don't think they had enough driver hours left. They're trying Sunday this time, as it's the start of a new week. Tomorrow is voluntary for all employees. I heard they're bringing in drivers from elsewhere. The dispatch guy seems optimistic. We'll see- if anything, I'll get to enjoy the circus once more.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Peak is awesome.

I have the hottest helper on the planet.

I have heavy business deliveries and super heavy Pickups. Only do about 25 resis a day.

My helper busts her absolutely gorgeous arse putting packages on the dock and bricking in my package car during pickups.

Christmas eve I will go out with less than a hundred resi stops and be punched out by 2pm.

Will be at the strip club by 3pm.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I told my boss I would volunteer to go to Dallas and help out but I wanted triple time and all expenses paid. His response was, "Be careful what you ask for." I wasn't kidding.

UPSER110

Peak is awesome.

I have the hottest helper on the planet.

I have heavy business deliveries and super heavy Pickups. Only do about 25 resis a day.

My helper busts her absolutely gorgeous arse putting packages on the dock and bricking in my package car during pickups.

Christmas eve I will go out with less than a hundred resi stops and be punched out by 2pm.

Will be at the strip club by 3pm.

snap a picture dude haha

laffter

I'm surprised to say that today's operation was fairly successful.

When I showed up, I saw people walking in wearing browns. I had never seen them before. I was told that they brought people in from the Sales office in Kansas and from Corporate in Atlanta... to work.

I want to say it's unbelievable... but, not a whole lot shocks me around here anymore.

Some of those routes were overloaded beyond belief with residentials.

I feel like I should help someone today- but, I put in 85 hours last week and 4 this morning. I need a rest before work at 12:30am Monday.

We had a preload sort going on this Saturday morning. We were there for a solid 8 hours. A lot of people who signed their names to come in today did not show. As a result, the primary was understaffed. They were short on people to scan at the unload, so they had people scanning who were not as fast as the regulars. This resulted in a pathetic package flow. Overall, I feel like very little was accomplished. Many of the package cars are sitting with little on them. Some of us, including myself, are coming in Sunday at 5am. Drivers will be arriving around 9am to deliver residentials and some retail businesses including the malls. I don't feel very optimistic.

I know they're trying to catch up on our backlog of trailers sitting out in the yard... but they really should have put some more effort into staffing the operation.
Maybe eventually ups will get it one year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So something I'm wondering about. How are all these managers driving. Dot laws still apply. They need to have passed DOT physicals and the proper liscense.

upschuck

So something I'm wondering about. How are all these managers driving. Dot laws still apply. They need to have passed DOT physicals and the proper liscense.
All our DM's, center manager's and sups have DOT cards. What I would wonder about is the hours worked would violate DOT rules?