"failed" plan, easy money

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All our DM's, center manager's and sups have DOT cards. What I would wonder about is the hours worked would violate DOT rules?
Yeah but they are bringing in people from Atlanta and all over to some of these places. One place had the Orion team brought back to help them out. Another driver I know that had management come from all over to help at their center. Said out of 20-25 that came to help only 2 had ever done a route before.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah but they are bringing in people from Atlanta and all over to some of these places. One place had the Orion team brought back to help them out. Another driver I know that had management come from all over to help at their center. Said out of 20-25 that came to help only 2 had ever done a route before.

And those management people will brag about running routes and how easy it is (as they do about 4-5 stops per hour).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Great ... now those Orion teams will be much more experienced!
UPS planning works once again.

upschuck

Gotta start somewhere, we all at one time never did a route either. Maybe they will see what the UPS driver does and add time to everyone's allowances. :bigsmile2:

I heard they called mechanic personnel to drive as well, but they told them to stay home because don't know how to use the DIAD.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Great ... now those Orion teams will be much more experienced!
UPS planning works once again.
Actually I heard they were stubborn and wouldn't turn Orion off like all the other drivers do for peak. Wasn't pretty missed businesses and lots of stops brought back.

blackcircle

Here they sent the two helper coordinators out in a UHAUL on Friday and they looked excited and eager to go make deliveries. I would have paid to see their faces at the end of the day but knowing how UPS is they were probably done by lunch time.

upschuck

Here they sent the two helper coordinators out in a UHAUL on Friday and they looked excited and eager to go make deliveries. I would have paid to see their faces at the end of the day but knowing how UPS is they were probably done by lunch time.

Wow, they must be really good.......lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Mgt used to have some experience as drivers and running a route. Now the brain trust in Atlanta has deemed that not necessary. Glad to see it bite them on the butt.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Mgt used to have some experience as drivers and running a route. Now the brain trust in Atlanta has deemed that not necessary. Glad to see it bite them on the butt.
That is incorrect.
The braintrust at the Teamsters decided it was more important that part-timers get a 6 out of 7 friend/T Driver jobs that come open.
I think most Teamsters would agree with this even though you may not.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I was referring to mgt pretending to be drivers not part time becoming drivers. There was a time when all mgt spent some time as a driver. Now they could come from anywhere.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was referring to mgt pretending to be drivers not part time becoming drivers. There was a time when all mgt spent some time as a driver. Now they could come from anywhere.

It used to be you had to qualify as a driver before going in to mgt.

Could it be that they are riding two to a car and that only the driver needs to have his/her DOT card?