failed

Unfortunately I failed my road test , typically how long do I have to wait to re-take it??? Someone told me 6 months but is there anyway I can get it shorter ??? I'm highly upset =( so please no jokes....
Okay maybe 1 or 2 jokes ...

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Is hitting the curb an automatic fail or did you have other things too? I think you can miss like 120 points or something and each bad thing is 10?

Is hitting the curb an automatic fail or did you have other things too? I think you can miss like 120 points or something and each bad thing is 10?
It's 125 points , but for some reason the pt sup looked like he was annoyed from the start of it so when I messed up and hit the curb he marked it 3 times and the hill he marked it 2 twice which is 20 points each , he could of just passed me I ended up with 130 points total smfh

And not using the horn alot like WTF
It's 125 points , but for some reason the pt sup looked like he was annoyed from the start of it so when I messed up and hit the curb he marked it 3 times and the hill he marked it 2 twice which is 20 points each , he could of just passed me I ended up with 130 points total smfh

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
A part time sup did your road test? If he really marked things twice for one infraction you e gotta be able to protest it...it's also weird that a part time sup would do it...full time sups can barely tie their own shoes don't get me started on part time sups

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

And not using the horn alot like WTF

So basically you almost ran someone standing on the curb over, you rolled into a motorcycle or car on a hill, and those neighborhood kids didn't know you were close when you pulled up and they ran into the road.

There's a reason you failed and the PT sup didn't pass you. Instead of WTFing and asking for jokes, you should worry about learning to drive a little better before you hurt yourself or someone else. Every center is different with when you can retest but it's best if you spoke to your center manager and asked them personally. Now you know what not to do.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Unfortunately I failed my road test , typically how long do I have to wait to re-take it??? Someone told me 6 months but is there anyway I can get it shorter ??? I'm highly upset =( so please no jokes....
Sorry...to be sure I understand....based on your posts, you claim that you took your road test sometime between 2am this Sunday to midnight this morning? Soooo.....since when do they give road tests on a Sunday of a 3 day holiday weekend, or on Labor Day when UPS is essentially closed? Hmmmm.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Make sure you leave e-brake on, start acceleration then release e-brake, that will correct your rolling back problem. Smooth turns will correct curb problem

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Failed you for such a little thing?

th

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sorry guy , the supervisor did not "fail " you. own up to it .rolling back is an instant fail in most cases.going up on a curb? and the horn is there for a reason.

maybe someday you will look back at this as a good thing. in the "big picture" it will may make you a better and safer driver........maybe.

Faceplanted

Any diesel powered truck has enough torque that you can keep your foot on the brake and release the clutch to the engagement point to get the truck rolling, than take your foot off the brake and give it throttle

km3

A lot of people fail their first time, just like how a lot of people fail to qualify the first time. One of the article 22 employees in my building who seems like the kind of guy that can perform any job UPS throws at him blindfolded told me he failed the first time. Focus on what you failed on, and practice in any way that you can. Rent the biggest truck you can from U-Haul to practice turns if you have to.

As to when you can take it again, that's something that will depend on your local practices.

My building prohibits you from retaking the road test for the remainder of the quarter. Bid lists here are posted quarterly in March, June, September, and December, and the lists become active one month after being posted. So a list posted in the first week of June, is active as of the first week of July. Since I failed my road test in May, I was eligible to retake the road test as early as the first week of July. But on this forum, from what I've seen, the standard is 6 months. The on-road sup who administered my test thought it was 1 year before the guy from HR corrected him. You'll probably get different answers depending on whether you ask a supervisor or HR like I did.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not that I've ever seen...and since when do PT sups work on Sunday's of a holiday weekend?
Our day sort runs.

Like others have said, use the e-brake on hills. Also, follow up with the small side mirrors when making turns, to be sure you are not running into curbs.

The only reason I passed the first time was I was comfortable driving a manual, and because the supervisor I went out with (an on-car) did not pressure me or get frustrated. Had it been another training sup, I might have been more nervous and made a mistake.