Fair Days Work For Fair Days Pay payout?

They are paying according to the contract. Filing on getting over worked because we just had 15 RTD drivers go on the road and they do not want to hire anymore pre loaders so they are sharing the love to everyone else

No no overtime they start us so late that we don't even get to complete our assigned work load so whenever the drivers arrive they load everything in and we get sent home.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No no overtime they start us so late that we don't even get to complete our assigned work load so whenever the drivers arrive they load everything in and we get sent home.

Do you get at least 3.5 hours and do they send you home by senority?

You should be allowed to complete your "scheduled" work.

Are the drivers working before their (posted) scheduled start time ?

And, are these drivers "qualified".... in 2 different job classifications ?

-Bug-

By The Book

As long as the drivers who are loading out are on the clock, there's not much you can do. If you have a 3.5 hour guarantee...if you have seniority you should request that. You will need to work the 3.5 hours though, you can't leave and expect to be paid the difference. You should call your business agent and explain to him/her what your concerns are. They may be hiring out of order.

You should be allowed to complete your "scheduled" work.

Are the drivers working before their (posted) scheduled start time ?

And, are these drivers "qualified".... in 2 different job classifications ?

-Bug-
They do not start until their start time. I am not sure what you mean by two different job classifications.

I just think it's bs that they send us home before we finish our assigned work due to their negligence. Guess that's management for ya.

As long as the drivers who are loading out are on the clock, there's not much you can do. If you have a 3.5 hour guarantee...if you have seniority you should request that. You will need to work the 3.5 hours though, you can't leave and expect to be paid the difference. You should call your business agent and explain to him/her what your concerns are. They may be hiring out of order.
I would call but the union at my hub is so weak and no one does anything

By The Book

I would call but the union at my hub is so weak and no one does anything
It's up to you to pursue the issue....if there's an issue. If you aren't getting your daily guarantee you need to request it. If you are, you need to work with your local to see if your concerns are a violation of your contract. Don't be the weak link just because you think the representation at your hub is weak. You need to follow through so you know you did all you could.

Dr.Brownz

They are paying according to the contract. Filing on getting over worked because we just had 15 RTD drivers go on the road and they do not want to hire anymore pre loaders so they are sharing the love to everyone else

Slow down and get all your preload brethren to do the same. Be safe and don't kill yourself trying to do the work of 2 people when you know there should be more workers on the line. :censored2: UPS it is their problem. They don't want worker input so don't worry about fixing their problems, just do the best you can without compromising your long and short term health

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We get our 3.5 and whenever the drivers get to their trucks they send us home.

They do not start until their start time. I am not sure what you mean by two different job classifications.

I just think it's bs that they send us home before we finish our assigned work due to their negligence. Guess that's management for ya.

Someone kick me in the nuts, just so I can be sure I'm not hallucinating reading this thread.

BrownTexas

I get it. We have this problem at my center as well. Drivers show up and are working for free. They send preloaders home because "why pay someone to do the job when someone else is doing it for free." Makes their numbers look good. The guy making $35 is screwing the guy that makes $13 out of his money.