Fair Days Work For Fair Days Pay payout?

10 point

The above picture is the very reason unions have a bad name.
The scabs driving the truck (on the left) and the lack of designated walk paths being painted in the lot caused this problem.

I blame the safety co-chairs, the IRB, the USNY workers and Bush for this situation.

Last edited:

10 point

I forgot to mention the GOP above.

Let me tell you this... I believe that standing up against Corp greed is a far better task than supporting corruption.

Riding the fence will rub you the wrong way sooner than later.

Inthegame

In my book, they are just as guilty. They knew, just as Bill L. knew, what the main purpose of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters was for.

But, the IRB didn't so much have a problem with the salaries, they had a problem with how they spent the rest of the money.

Bill L. and the other 2 facing charges were fine drawing the salaries, just like everyone else drawing a salary, as long as all the locals involved continued to support the OCT.

It doesn't make it right though. But the locals supported it.
It's been a while since I read those 59 pages but I recall lots of sloppy record keeping that also raised a few eyebrows. In the end, his conduct was his responsibility and Bill L should have known better, even though this "Conference" has been alive and functioning much the same for decades before him. Now his legacy will be indecorously tarnished and his many productive years of achievement and superior service will be forgotten.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's been a while since I read those 59 pages but I recall lots of sloppy record keeping that also raised a few eyebrows. In the end, his conduct was his responsibility and Bill L should have known better, even though this "Conference" has been alive and functioning much the same for decades before him. Now his legacy will be indecorously tarnished and his many productive years of achievement and superior service will be forgotten.

I agree.

And the record keeping raised eyebrows, as to where all the money went to, but the conference itself and the salaries did not.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
About as funny as the IBT not holding the Conference to any fudituary standards typical of a subordinate body.

How could this entity not be subject to periodic audits, like every Local is?

Btw, where can I find the itemized list of what officers got paid what by the Ohio Conference over the years?

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2015.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2014.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2013.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2012.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2011.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2010.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2009.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2008.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
About as funny as the IBT not holding the Conference to any fudituary standards typical of a subordinate body.

Btw, where can I find the itemized list of what officers got paid what by the Ohio Conference over the years?

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2007.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2006.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2005.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2004.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2003.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2002.jpg

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2001.jpg

Attachments

• Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2004.jpg
    Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2004.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 90

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

2006 didn't seem to show up. Here it is.

Ohio Conference of Teamsters 2006.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While "sloppy record keeping" was a creative way of generalizing that report, it was one phrase that leapt off of the page for me.

That was the assertion by the IRB that the Ohio Conference "did virtually nothing for the betterment of the members", at a cost of $750,000+ annually.

Secondly, maybe even more disturbing was the lack of oversight by the IBT.
Had it not been for internal politics rearing its ugly head, and the Conference's own members turning one another, the mismanagement would most likely still be going on.

Makes you wonder how many other similar scenarios are going undetected and explains why the back pages of the Teamster magazine are always full.
Our Union is for sure is not ready to police itself, and the government oversight still appears to be a necessity.