Fairly New hire question

Xieon

So I work at a hub in lower California. I've been working here about 2 months now as a preloader. I do my job pretty well and am keeping up these days, but tomorrow I have no way of getting to work. My car is broken down and the only two people in the area who could possibly give me a ride are out of town. I have used a sick day once before with no issue, which was a month ago. Would using my 2nd (and last sick day), tomorrow be an issue?

Xieon

My contract stated I have 2 sick days/ "floaters"(???) at the start and then 2 sick days per year that can be rolled over, and all other benifits besides tuition start after a year. That and my sups and full time sups are pretty lax as long as you call in an hour before and its not a common occurrence from what I'm told

working up a sweat

Always volunteer a co-workers ride home and to work if they are in a bind. When your car breaks down and in the shop. Call them up. They will always be happy to drive you. It's a brotherhood thing. If you are out of the way, stop off at a convenience store buy them some gas or smokes or snacks. They will remember your gratitude. Don't get used by moochers that never give you anything for a ride because they "work" with you. They don't have a car or license because they don't pay off their court fines, advise them to find another free ride.

packageguy

So I work at a hub in lower California. I've been working here about 2 months now as a preloader. I do my job pretty well and am keeping up these days, but tomorrow I have no way of getting to work. My car is broken down and the only two people in the area who could possibly give me a ride are out of town. I have used a sick day once before with no issue, which was a month ago. Would using my 2nd (and last sick day), tomorrow be an issue?

welcome aboard, just call out, let them know the problem.. they might come and pick you up. lol