Fairly New hire question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Xieon, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Xieon

Xieon New Member

So I work at a hub in lower California. I've been working here about 2 months now as a preloader. I do my job pretty well and am keeping up these days, but tomorrow I have no way of getting to work. My car is broken down and the only two people in the area who could possibly give me a ride are out of town. I have used a sick day once before with no issue, which was a month ago. Would using my 2nd (and last sick day), tomorrow be an issue?
  2. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

no, just call in sick
  3. poophappens

poophappens Member

U get sick days as a new hire?
  4. Random_Facts

Random_Facts Member

You'll be alright, call in sick. It's not the end of the world. Welcome to the BrownCafe by the way!! =]
  5. Xieon

Xieon New Member

My contract stated I have 2 sick days/ "floaters"(???) at the start and then 2 sick days per year that can be rolled over, and all other benifits besides tuition start after a year. That and my sups and full time sups are pretty lax as long as you call in an hour before and its not a common occurrence from what I'm told
  6. poophappens

poophappens Member

Wow that's great! I didn't get any until a year of working here
  7. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

just dont make a habit out of calling in , but sounds as if your sick to me
  8. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

whats wrong with you car is the bad backanator the tiered rod arms bald tread feet. ?
  9. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I was thinking he should use the anal glaucoma excuse !!!
  10. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

Always volunteer a co-workers ride home and to work if they are in a bind. When your car breaks down and in the shop. Call them up. They will always be happy to drive you. It's a brotherhood thing. If you are out of the way, stop off at a convenience store buy them some gas or smokes or snacks. They will remember your gratitude. Don't get used by moochers that never give you anything for a ride because they "work" with you. They don't have a car or license because they don't pay off their court fines, advise them to find another free ride.
  11. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

welcome aboard, just call out, let them know the problem.. they might come and pick you up. lol
  12. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

in calif they have a lot of bait cars take one of them to work