Falsification multiple choice response.

oldngray

nowhere special
Then they would have MC man etc. They're asking for location not if it was signed by a human. Obviously, it was. But in what area of their facility is the question they want answered.

MC man is a DR delivery, not a commercial signature location.

10 point

Since we are discussing del. locations, Do others areas of the country have more options for DR locations at big arrow down from the DR screen?

Here we have 4 more, and I would like to see about 10 added.
Use the arrow one more time. There's more including "other" which prompts a del notice scan.

10 point

MC man is a DR delivery, not a commercial signature location.
You don't get it. They know a man or woman...human signed for it (unless it's a sdn) with which they still need the LOCATION where It was left.

I drove over the road for years. We were directed to go directly to the Receiver building upon approaching the warehouse dock gate to show our manifest for the delivery and the employee there would assign me a dock number to pull into to be unloaded.
That, is a Receiver. It is a specific location. It is not a person. Most pkg car drivers (much less CMs) haven't driven otr and wouldn't know this.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
You continue to confuse Receiver with Receiving. Most large companies do have receiving location (usually dock or overhead door) and often only someone in receiving office can sign for package. That receiver person can be anywhere and often you have to wander around finding the only person authorized to sign. Companies do that to control deliveries so items don't get lost.

10 point

You continue to confuse Receiver with Receiving. Most large companies do have receiving location (usually dock or overhead door) and often only someone in receiving office can sign for package. That receiver person can be anywhere and often you have to wander around finding the only person authorized to sign. Companies do that to control deliveries so items don't get lost.
You are again wrong because the board prompts the driver to leave the location where it was delivered and the selections listed separate receiver from dock, warehouse (which we have as a selection and most centers don't), office etc. Location, not a person, is the question and they want the location where that person signed for the delivery for a reason. You aren't answering the location question ... At least not correctly.

Last edited:

degill7994

Since we are discussing del. locations, Do others areas of the country have more options for DR locations at big arrow down from the DR screen?

Here we have 4 more, and I would like to see about 10 added.
We also have Dr car & truck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

You are again wrong because the board prompts the driver to leave the location where it was delivered and the selections listed separate receiver from dock, warehouse (which we have as a selection and most centers don't), office etc. Location, not a person, is the question and they want the location where that person signed for the delivery for a reason. You aren't answering the location question ... At least not correctly.

The location where that person signed for the delivery is...wherever that person happens to be, because they are the receiver (the name on the signature is a big hint about who signed for the package).

I cover a route where a shop owner wants his packages as early as possible, often COD, and he knows the first street where I will be in the morning. He waits outside a stop I always have NDA for, and signs for his packages. He is the receiver - we aren't at a dock, it's not the front desk, or an office, or the warehouse.

10 point

The location where that person signed for the delivery is...wherever that person happens to be, because they are the receiver (the name on the signature is a big hint about who signed for the package).

I cover a route where a shop owner wants his packages as early as possible, often COD, and he knows the first street where I will be in the morning. He waits outside a stop I always have NDA for, and signs for his packages. He is the receiver - we aren't at a dock, it's not the front desk, or an office, or the warehouse.
We stop complete it "office" and in remarks put "met on route".
Since he's the owner I'm sure he's not tracking the delivery to see where you left it. Small shops don't have a "receiver" office at their gate(s) and rarely have a problem running down their delivery locations as large facilities do.
No matter how you want to leave the disposition of the delivery status location it's not wrong to agree to disagree.
Getting in the habit of using Receiver can be a real problem for new drivers when delivering savers. That was the original point earlier.