Falsifying Documents

nutrena

The planes were not late, not late getting out of building, our manager decided to shut down because of a snow storm.
The preload worked. The roads were fine getting to work. So the volume was heavythe following Monday. They won't add new drivers and we've had 3 retire so they loaded everyone up. I thought our customers were #1. All drivers were given the
instruction to sheet as extreme weather conditions. Which was false.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is a standard instruction in many centers. The company's miriad of lists make the management team take desperate measures to avoid showing up on those lists, and sheeting NDA as weather delays saves their butts with an understaffed dispatch.

IE makes the cuts, sends them to the PDS, and the PDS knowing the dispatch will fail places the dispatch online mainly because he has no authority to question, alter or adjust the plan for the day. The center team then goes into protect mode and falsely codes the packages and avoids the late air list.

This is a completely dishonest approach to management, but its one that exists all over the place.

Dont think youre alone on this issue. Ive even seen an instruction to change the ZIP CODE on 1030 air to a ZIP CODE that has a 12 oclock commit.

The things UPS creates when it believes its technology is solving all their problems.

Peace.

swen

A good idea when instructed to do so is to put in the remarks field "as per XX" XX being the intials of the supervisor or center manager that instructed you to do so. And if you get told so in a diad message respond that you want to know who it was that sent such message. 11th Commandment: Cover your ass

The Milkman

has any drivers been instructed to falsify late airs as extreme weather on area this year?

I am sure drivers fudge even when no delays in bldg. My experience was a few yrs back I ordered a small electronic part for my M/C.. I told the shop I will bring it down by noon. Being a driver at the time for almost 20 yrs I knew how to track a pkg..10am, 10:15 am , 10:30... I read Dr Gar?????? What?? I was waiting because I needed to bring this part to the shop and I started working the counter at 1Pm. Finally at 11:20 the driver shows up (air driver) I blasted him for Dr my pkg when he knew all along he was wrong and I told him that if you do not think you can make your commit times then let Mgnt know asap.Maybe you could get some help.

I told him CYA because it will come back to bite you.. What really SUCKED was this pkg came out of my old bldg where I was there 18 yrs..I called the 800## and I could not get a refund of $35. I called one of the mgrs I knew and hit a dead end so it just goes to show you that we screw our own people at times..all about #'s it makes me sick to this day what the pressure of this job causes people to do.

I delivered many NDA's in my day just to go back 5 hrs later to still see it by the Gar or Fd, either way they pay for that service and you never know how badly someone needs a passport for an afternoon flight etc......So a refund does nothing for you when the pkg is what all you really NEEDED at the time:sad-very:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am sure drivers fudge even when no delays in bldg. My experience was a few yrs back I ordered a small electronic part for my M/C.. I told the shop I will bring it down by noon. Being a driver at the time for almost 20 yrs I knew how to track a pkg..10am, 10:15 am , 10:30... I read Dr Gar?????? What?? I was waiting because I needed to bring this part to the shop and I started working the counter at 1Pm. Finally at 11:20 the driver shows up (air driver) I blasted him for Dr my pkg when he knew all along he was wrong and I told him that if you do not think you can make your commit times then let Mgnt know asap.Maybe you could get some help.

I told him CYA because it will come back to bite you.. What really SUCKED was this pkg came out of my old bldg where I was there 18 yrs..I called the 800## and I could not get a refund of $35. I called one of the mgrs I knew and hit a dead end so it just goes to show you that we screw our own people at times..all about #'s it makes me sick to this day what the pressure of this job causes people to do.

I delivered many NDA's in my day just to go back 5 hrs later to still see it by the Gar or Fd, either way they pay for that service and you never know how badly someone needs a passport for an afternoon flight etc......So a refund does nothing for you when the pkg is what all you really NEEDED at the time:sad-very:

GPS has ended that practice.