Familial Disqualification?

MeAtWork

I'm looking at applying at my local UPS hub, my cousin happens to work at the same hub. I noticed on the UPS app. they ask if you have any relations employed at UPS, I'm just curious if this situation could disqualify me from employment? :dissapointed:

badpal

I'm looking at applying at my local UPS hub, my cousin happens to work at the same hub. I noticed on the UPS app. they ask if you have any relations employed at UPS, I'm just curious if this situation could disqualify me from employment? :dissapointed:
Years ago it was a dealbreaker. Now prolly depends if your cousin is any good.

2Slow

I know a feeder driver whose brother works in the same building. Not sure what he does, part time maybe high pull.

brown_trousers

It might help you. At my small center almost everyone hired got the job because they were a friend or family member of someone already working here. I got my brother a job working with me a couple years ago

dillweed

We have lots of relatives working in our center. Brothers, parents/chilren and so forth. Should not be a problem. Best of luck

UPSGUY72

It shouldn't be a problem. The only problem would arise is if one of you had a supervisory roll that could influence the others job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
5-6 years ago my son was disqualified because of my employment and he lives 1200 miles away.

The policy officially changed shortly after that.
Now they hire (running out of candidates) and place the hire in a different area where there is no influence on the other.

Cementups

Box Monkey
When UPS was a more desirable company to work for they tried to make family coworkers happen less. Kind of a spread-the-wealth idea. But now in the last few year since the turnover rate has increased it has become more commonplace to see more family hired.

We have several family members in our building.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When UPS was a more desirable company to work for they tried to make family coworkers happen less. Kind of a spread-the-wealth idea. But now in the last few year since the turnover rate has increased it has become more commonplace to see more family hired.

We have several family members in our building.
I kind of wish 'familial disqualification' was a true choice. You know we can't pick our family, but it would be fun to disqualify a few of them!!